cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....

Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....

$500 sub pays my AF for 10 years.

2% on everything is good as 99% of all cards out there.

3% on travel when it does happen.

Cellphone protection.

Tons of benefits.

Decent looking card (wish it was metal)

NFCU!

 

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $400k unsecured credit in 2021.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

5% Rotating - Discover                         5%-20% - Amazon & Lowes                   3-6% Groceries - NFCU & Amex Preferred
3-5% Gas - NFCU & Ducks Unl            4% Dining & Entertain - Savor               3% Travel & Hotels - Flagship, Propel, & Uber
2% Everything - Flagship, Synchrony, Evergreen, & Venture


Message 11 of 41
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....


@M_Smart007 wrote:

"(PenFed Power Cash is 11.74% and no FTF ... but they also have 3% BT and 5% Cash Advance fees.)"

 

Snipped from the above post  ^^^^^^^^^^^

 

I have seen very few PenFed Power Cash Rewards Approvals where someone actually gets the 11.74% APR ..

Usually 16.99-17.99%Smiley Tongue


The current APR for purchases on my Penfed PCR is 8.74%.

 

Right now for new applicants the range they're offering is 14.99-17.99%



(9/2021)
FICO 8 (EX) 804 (TU) 832 (EQ) 827
FICO 9 (EX) 827 (TU) 826 (EQ) 832

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 41
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....

The APR on my PenFed Power Cash is 8.74% too.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom Unlimited
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Freedom • Chase United MileagePlus • UNFCU Azure
Message 13 of 41
Heatt99
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....

* The 2% non category spend is nice.

* Starting limit of 5k

* enter Navy's shopping portal for additional category & non category points 

* 24 hrs exceptional customer support

*  tops out at 80k limit 

*  no FTF, yearly BT w/o fees, and no ATM fees

* approvals with sub prime credit scores

I understand that the combination of other cards make this card average, but for those that want simple. This card holds its own.

 

Message 14 of 41
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....


@J-Marr wrote:

It is also the single only card that can have up to an $80,000 limit, vs other cards capped at $50,000 at NFCU.


LOL thats a problem I dont think I'll ever have Smiley Happy


3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840


"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) in Dr. Strangelove 1964
Message 15 of 41
coldfusion
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....


@Heatt99 wrote:

* The 2% non category spend is nice.

* Starting limit of 5k

* enter Navy's shopping portal for additional category & non category points 

* 24 hrs exceptional customer support

*  tops out at 80k limit 

*  no FTF, yearly BT w/o fees, and no ATM fees

* approvals with sub prime credit scores

I understand that the combination of other cards make this card average, but for those that want simple. This card holds its own.

 


There are a lot worse cards to have in one's wallet or purse.   I have No Regerts about carrying one and it's on my short list of cards to carry for international travel.



(9/2021)
FICO 8 (EX) 804 (TU) 832 (EQ) 827
FICO 9 (EX) 827 (TU) 826 (EQ) 832

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 41
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....


@coldfusion wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

"(PenFed Power Cash is 11.74% and no FTF ... but they also have 3% BT and 5% Cash Advance fees.)"

 

Snipped from the above post  ^^^^^^^^^^^

 

I have seen very few PenFed Power Cash Rewards Approvals where someone actually gets the 11.74% APR ..

Usually 16.99-17.99%Smiley Tongue


The current APR for purchases on my Penfed PCR is 8.74%.

 

Right now for new applicants the range they're offering is 14.99-17.99%


Mine is 15.49%   Smiley Sad


3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840


"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) in Dr. Strangelove 1964
Message 17 of 41
Aim_High
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....


@M_Smart007 wrote:

"(PenFed Power Cash is 11.74% and no FTF ... but they also have 3% BT and 5% Cash Advance fees.)"

Snipped from the above post  ^^^^^^^^^^^

I have seen very few PenFed Power Cash Rewards Approvals where someone actually gets the 11.74% APR ..

Usually 16.99-17.99%Smiley Tongue


I guess I'm just lucky, @M_Smart007Smiley Tongue 

 

I admit that my PenFed Power Cash APR is not 11.74% however. 

It's actually currently at 9.99%Smiley Very Happy 

*The 11.74% was their lowest advertised rate at that time.

 

ETA: 

DANG @coldfusion  and @UpperNwGuy !! 

8.74% REALLY rocks!!   Congrats!!

 

PF_PC_APR_202006.jpg



Length of Credit > 35 years; Total Credit Limits > $500K
AoOA > 28 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2020); Gardening since 08/15/20.
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 18 of 41
M_Smart007
Epic Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....


@Meanmchine wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

"(PenFed Power Cash is 11.74% and no FTF ... but they also have 3% BT and 5% Cash Advance fees.)"

 

Snipped from the above post  ^^^^^^^^^^^

 

I have seen very few PenFed Power Cash Rewards Approvals where someone actually gets the 11.74% APR ..

Usually 16.99-17.99%Smiley Tongue


The current APR for purchases on my Penfed PCR is 8.74%.

 

Right now for new applicants the range they're offering is 14.99-17.99%


Mine is 15.49%   Smiley Sad


@Meanmchine  .. Mine is 16.74% Purchase APR.

Guess it don't really matter .. I only carry a balance if it is @AllZero Smiley Very Happy

 

So when I was refferering to "Usually" .. I realize there are some outliersSmiley Wink

And "Usually" was when Interest rates were higher.

Message 19 of 41
RobertJ
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship: For those of you who don't travel....

Speaking of this card, am I right in not seeing a current SUB for it?  The last one I an find in an article expired April 30th, 2020.



Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.