Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship vs Citi DC

tag
kmr8
Valued Member

NFCU Flagship vs Citi DC

Just applied for NFCU membership. Dont want to get my hopes too high but wondering what the diff is b/w these two cards.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
kmr8
Valued Member

Re: NFCU Flagship vs Citi DC

Just to add-
Already have Citi DC, Costco, Discover Miles, Cap1 QS among others.
Wondering which card to apply 'if' my NCFU membership is accepted.
Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

IMO flagship is kinda a meh card due to the AF.. So that leaves you with the GoRewards or the other 1.5% rewards cards with no AF whatever it is called.. All depends if you want a 1.5% card with them or a card for food/gas being gorewards.  All of a matter of what you want.  The only thing the flagship really has is a higher top CL over the other cards.  Navy experts can weigh in on this more

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kmr8 wrote:
Just applied for NFCU membership. Dont want to get my hopes too high but wondering what the diff is b/w these two cards.

Since you already have reward cards, why not the NFCU Platinum card for the low APR? Otherwise the Go Rewards may be a good choice for you; though I would wait until they offer another promotion of 20,000 bonus miles. No promotions yet, but they usually have them throughout the year.

Message 4 of 8
kmr8
Valued Member

After NFCU app, will apply for PenFed membership. Wise to apply for a credit card with them immediately after membership since they are said to be conservative?
Message 5 of 8
kmr8
Valued Member

...if so, will planning for PenFed Pt rewards rather than any NFCU card.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kmr8 wrote:
After NFCU app, will apply for PenFed membership. Wise to apply for a credit card with them immediately after membership since they are said to be conservative?

I would apply right away for a PenFed card because the membership will cost you a HP on EQ. PenFed is awesome in that they (usually) use that same HP for the membership for between 45-90 days (used to be 90 but some have reported that is no longer the case) for any additional credit application. So it could very well only cost you the one HP to get in and get the card. 

Get that Promise now while the rate is 8.99% variable. PenFed likes to play around with the APRs; a few weeks ago it was 10.24% so a 1.25% drop is worth apping for now. Please post your results Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
kmr8
Valued Member

Thanks, will do. Was thinking of Cash Rewards Visa Sig and/or Promise. May be will do both since it is all one HP.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.