Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Graduation Time...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

NFCU Graduation Time...

Strange things happen..... opened my NFCU secured card on 5/22, stated out with 3k limit and increased to 5k within a week or two. Ran and paid about 5100 through the card in about 3 weeks.

Today I logged in to check my accounts and my savings account is 5k higher.... looks like my card might have graduated.

It still says on the screen Secured card and my limit is still 5k

When I called today to confirm, the credit card rep said it was still secured

The savings account rep said my hold, "expired" and the account should automatically convert on its own.

The savings account rep also said maybe the rep in credit cards didn't know where to look on the screen

Has anyone had their savinngs account balance increase but the card name stll say secured for a bit of time ?

Personally, I want to hope for the best, but not sure exactly what is happening.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Graduation Time...

CongraduationsSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Congrats on whatever is going on this is exciting Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 4 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations! Hope it's an early graduation.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Crossing my fingers for you!

Message 6 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The display for NFCU always takes at least a day to update.  Every time I get a CLI from them, it's shown in available credit but the credit line stays the same until at least the next day, for example.

All signs point to you being unsecured.  Congrats on that and look again early tomorrow morning and it should be updated. 

Message 7 of 10
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Someone already said it best (for all of us)....

Congrats on whatever is going on, this is exciting Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Well, it has been a rollercoaster of a ride on the Navy ship the last two days. So I have two secured cards, one with a 3k limit and one with a 5k limit.

My savings account should be 358.00 with the correct hold applied

6/16 woke up to see my savings account -3777.00

6/16 called in and had a super fix it, I got her contact info for the future

6/16 afternoon balance adjusted to correct figure 358.00, with 8k being held for the cards

6/17 woke up and saw my savings available 6,200, called in & talked to someone in the savings dept they said my 5k card is unsecuing

6/17 in afternoon, I didn't call in but see savings adjusted to 358.00, meaning card didn't unsecure 

6/17 in late evening, balance in savings -2777.00

6/18 called in talked to super I had talked to on 6/16, she said she adjusted the balances again to accomidate the two holds, 8k, well it still shows available 5k, even after this super from 6/16 made the adjustments. I know the adjustments are real time because on 6/16, when I was on the phone with this super she did the adjustments and it was in real time.

Now I am just so confused and annoyed.  All I can really do is observe

The 5k card, as of right now didn't unsecure

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So If your card did go unsecured Congradulations.  I am going through the same thing although not with balances but with to graduate or not to graduate is what they trying to determine.

Hope it all ends well for you.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.