Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU PC interest rate......ouch!

tag
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

NFCU PC interest rate......ouch!

So I totally forgot that Costco does not take anything but Visa, as I was standing in line ready to pay for something! Fortunately I live about a mile away and had a visa at home, problem solved. And I needed to use that card to prevent inactivity anyhow. But it does not earn rewards so that's a problem.

Called NFCU and they gladly PC'd my Cash Rewards Mastercard (11.15%) to the Visa version. But when he told me the new interest rate I nearly fell out of my chair; 18 whopping %. 

I was like ummm this has to be a mistake, all of my scores are in the 790s to low 800s. No baddies on any report. The agent couldn't explain it. 

Good thing I pay my cards off every month LOL.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU PC interest rate......ouch!

Thats a big jump. But as you stated, you PIF so it wont affect you unless you start to carry a balance. Also, NFCU does allow for apr reductions, therefore in time, it could gradually lower.

Message 2 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@MAZDA3 wrote:

So I totally forgot that Costco does not take anything but Visa, as I was standing in line ready to pay for something! Fortunately I live about a mile away and had a visa at home, problem solved. And I needed to use that card to prevent inactivity anyhow. But it does not earn rewards so that's a problem.

Called NFCU and they gladly PC'd my Cash Rewards Mastercard (11.15%) to the Visa version. But when he told me the new interest rate I nearly fell out of my chair; 18 whopping %. 

I was like ummm this has to be a mistake, all of my scores are in the 790s to low 800s. No baddies on any report. The agent couldn't explain it. 

They bumped @Anonymous's APR up on a PC also, Don't quite remember how much?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@MAZDA3 wrote:

They bumped @Anonymous's APR up on a PC also, Don't quite remember how much?

I went from lowest (11.4% at the time) to 17.24%. 

I wouldn't worry about it much @MAZDA3 because you can ask for a reduction in a year. I asked and they dropped me back to 11.15% once that year was up. 

Message 4 of 5
minski
Established Contributor

Interesting. I PC'ed from Visa to Mastercard and my rate stayed the same. May be due to the timing of the PC when economy was a bit more stable. I PC'ed Nov 2018.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.