Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Second Card or CLI

tag
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

NFCU Second Card or CLI

What should I do? I have a cash rewards with 20,000 limit. Thinking of whether I should ask for a CLI or app for a second car? Does anyone know if NFCU is ok with having a second card? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Second Card or CLI

NFCU is totally ok with multiple accounts - I have two and am awaiting the arrival of my third.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 2 of 9
USF813
Frequent Contributor

I'd do a CLI. If it turns out being a soft pull CLI you avoid a ding and a new account dragging down your average account age.
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'd do the CLI to $25k and hope for instant and then I'd turn around and apply for 2nd card too!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 year old NFCU Platinum Visa 21k limit and just applied for Flagship Reward card. I didn't get instant approved like the Plat Visa, it says your app is submitted and is being reviewed. Is not being instant approved bad news? Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 1 year old NFCU Platinum Visa 21k limit and just applied for Flagship Reward card. I didn't get instant approved like the Plat Visa, it says your app is submitted and is being reviewed. Is not being instant approved bad news? Smiley Surprised

no, I think all 2nd and 3rd credit apps get manual reviewed.

Message 6 of 9
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

2nd will be manually reviewed. but you can move current credit limit over to open that 2nd card

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You(creditaddict) were correct, so I called, said they are behind 2 days on credit card apps due to high demand on the point promotion. I was approved for 9k. I was hoping for 15k or 20k. Thinking I'll call again tomorrow after the new account posts and see about a CLI.

Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You(creditaddict) were correct, so I called, said they are behind 2 days on credit card apps due to high demand on the point promotion. I was approved for 9k. I was hoping for 15k or 20k. Thinking I'll call again tomorrow after the new account posts and see about a CLI.

use it 3 months and ask for a cli online for $25k and I bet they bring you right up to your first card limit.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.