Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Transfer Question

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Transfer Question

Yes, just go to transfers, cash advance and select your credit card from drop down and then checking and boom instantly there and then bill pay your store cards
Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo!!!  Another reason to love NFCU!!!

Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can do that to pay off your cards. The only thing is it wil be treated as a Cash Advance. Which means it will have a higher interest rate as your standard purchase APR (usually 1-2% higher) which is still a lot lower then most store cards. and with a cash advance there is NO grace period so You start getting charged interest the day you transfer the money so if u are now paying interest on your store cards anyway and it is higher then I would definitely do it. I'm sure CA will also give some advice but this is what I learned off him!
Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry didn't see CA already answered lol Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

CA- I am right about that right with NFCU as soon as you make the transfer you start getting charged interest? Or is NFCU different?
Message 25 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The cash advances are right away I believe like the loc
Message 26 of 42
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i have been led to believe that around feb navy does balance transfer promotions like 0% for 12 months....i would honestly wait

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

i have been led to believe that around feb navy does balance transfer promotions like 0% for 12 months....i would honestly wait

I think everyone in this thread is only talking about internal transfers from one NFCU account to another.

Message 28 of 42
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CreditAddict:  I have been tryingt to figure out a way to pay off my store cards with my NFCU credit card.  If I'm understanding you correctly, NFCU would let me transfer money to my checking account from my NFCU credit card, then I could turn around and use my NFCU checking account to pay off my store cards?  If that right?  If so, that would be sooooo PERFECT~!!! *fingers crossed*

this would not be an internal transfer!

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though at the end it will technically be a balance transfer in the beginning she would be transferring her NFCU credit line over to her NFCU checking. Thats the way she was asking about which would start as a internal transfer from CC to checking then a bill payment to pay off the store cards. Are you able to do balance transfer on store cards? I never thought about that.
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.