cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) Members...Help Me Out!

tag
Emierja99
Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) Members...Help Me Out!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, ya'll!  After reading posts on how awesome NFCU is, I joined today (there are 4 locations near me).  I want to get the NFCU Platinum MC once all my credit scores are above 700, BUT I don't want a meager starting limit.  

My income is $63,800.  Started my re-build with a Capital One (Cap 1) auto loan in September 2018.  My FICO scores from 22 October were:  Ex 734 (6 inq), TU 658 (4 inq, $218 collection, July 2014 which I'm working towards getting deleted), Eq 630 (6 inq, $8,700 CO falling off next month).  My credit cards are:  Cap 1 Platinum MC ($1600/$3500, November 2018) and Cap 1 Quick Silver ($0/$500, September 2019).  Will PIF MC balance and get my FICOs updated on 22 November.

Two (2) questions for my fellow NFCU members.  First, what were/are your best practices (i.e. waiting period, credit score, etc.) for obtaining a credit card with a $10k+ limit from NFCU?  Last, what, if any, issues have you had with NFCU since joining?  Thanks in advance to all my fellow NFCU members for your replies!

"Absorb what is useful.  Reject what is useless.  Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

NFCU is awesome! I was accepted in May 2019. I opened a checking account  along with Savings and Money Market account. I then applied for the Cash Rewards card  I was kind of worried since my file was thin, although income similar to yours. But I was approved for $1000. Glad to just get my foot in the door. At about 4 months I decided to request a CLI and received 3x to $3000. Happy, happy, happy! I then proceeded to try my hand at a second card  but I was given the 4506-T. So I was denied the second card being my taxes did not match. I decided to wait to app again.  I have more than enough at the moment. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.