cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal does not combine reward points between cards. Has the company ever said why?

tag
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Navy Federal does not combine reward points between cards. Has the company ever said why?

know they use a 3rd party, at least for the Visa Sig.  Maybe another 3rd party for the More Rewards card.  Thinking of getting the More Rewards, but the thought of having two rewards accounts is somewhat off-putting.  Has the company ever explained why they do this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Federal does not combine reward points between cards. Has the company ever said why?

Some lenders let you pool reward programs, others simply won't. Just the nature of the beast based on how they have specific rewards structures set up by product families.

For instance, even before the TY program came into the mix for Double Cash, Citi Dividend cashback cannot be pooled with Citi Double Cash's cashback. The same applies with points reward programs such as those from PenFed, USAA and a plethora of others, for example.

So, even if the rewards program is managed by the same third party, it doesn't mean rewards earnings will pool together.  So, if you don't want to deal with the separate reward programs as far as NFCU's More Rewards and their other cards (i.e. "off-putting"), then you might need to rethink your rewards strategy.

Message 2 of 4
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal does not combine reward points between cards. Has the company ever said why?

Yup. Thanks. It seems like such a simple thing to do - throw all the points in one bucket. I don't use my Navy Visa Sig much - I just missed the SUB a year ago, and now have about 30k. If I get the More Rewards I'm thinking it'll be more of the same. Pity, really. 

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@W261w261 wrote:

Yup. Thanks. It seems like such a simple thing to do - throw all the points in one bucket. I don't use my Navy Visa Sig much - I just missed the SUB a year ago, and now have about 30k. If I get the More Rewards I'm thinking it'll be more of the same. Pity, really. 

I understand it may be slightly inconvenient, but couldn't you just redeem all your rewards to the shared savings account and pool them together there?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.