Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Pre-Qualification Tool

tag
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Pre-Qualification Tool

@Trooper2003 wrote:

Does anyone know how reliable the prequalify tool on the Navy Federal website?I just became a member put in my info and it said I Prequalified for all their cards. Thanks for all the advice and feedback here! You guys are great!!!

The pre-qualify tool is not very reliable. Many members have pre-qualified and went on to be denied. 

Lots of DP's to support this in the old Navy thread.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 11 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It works enough to tell me I'm only pre-qualified for a secured card since I'm at my maximum internal limit.

Brian Earl Spilner, sounds like a serial killer. Is that what you are? 

But yeah their pre-qual tool is wortless. They said I was good to go for all products when I knew very well I wasn't. 

I'll take the tuna on white, no crust

Message 12 of 19
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It works enough to tell me I'm only pre-qualified for a secured card since I'm at my maximum internal limit.

Brian Earl Spilner, sounds like a serial killer. Is that what you are? 

But yeah their pre-qual tool is wortless. They said I was good to go for all products when I knew very well I wasn't. 

"Is that what you are" **bleep**, Haha 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 13 of 19
USMC_Winger
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Brian Earl Spilner, sounds like ...

Brian's name reminds me of Erle Stanley Gardner, the brilliant Perry Mason author.  When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton, I was invited to spend weekends at his former author's studio in Temecula, California.  Best place ever to write or study!

Navy Fed's pre-qual web page isn't reliable.  Don't believe it.

FICOs:

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I just opened my Navy account and prequalified for all cards. Good to know it's not the most reliable before I decide if I'll pull the trigger or wait.

Message 15 of 19
EverForward
Established Contributor

I ran the prequal tool today prior to my More Rewards approval. I was approved for all cards but knew better regarding the Flagship. I figured it was a gamble for the More Rewards, and thankfully I took it...

Message 16 of 19
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

I can't speak for everyone else's experiences. I ran that tool back in February, and it said I was qualified for all cards. I want to say I was around 630 at that time. I didn't buy it at all. I ended up waiting 2 months more before applying. I was around 687 when I applied, and still didn't think I'd be approved. I was approved for 15k

Message 17 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I was preapproved for all cards back in Dec so i went with Plat #2 and was approved! So it definetly works.....

When you're approved 😁

Message 18 of 19
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Nikita2008 wrote:

I can't speak for everyone else's experiences. I ran that tool back in February, and it said I was qualified for all cards. I want to say I was around 630 at that time. I didn't buy it at all. I ended up waiting 2 months more before applying. I was around 687 when I applied, and still didn't think I'd be approved. I was approved for 15k

Congrats. I don't find much rhyme or reason when I review DP's for Navy. I still have no idea what their ideal profile looks like.  What other accounts did you have with Navy before you applied?

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.