Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a BT card for a 693 TU and 695 EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a BT card for a 693 TU and 695 EQ

Like others I've ran into some credit problems recently. I've never had a late payment since a BK about 7 yrs ago and my FAKO score is 693 TU and 695 EQ. I have a $7500 balance at 16.99 APR on a WF CC with a 10k CL that I want to transfer to a new BT card like Citi. I am curious to know if anyone with a similar score has qualified for the Citi Double Cash Card. I don't want to take an inquiry if there's no chance I'll qualify.

3 REPLIES 3
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Need a BT card for a 693 TU and 695 EQ

@Anonymous wrote:

Like others I've ran into some credit problems recently. I've never had a late payment since a BK about 7 yrs ago and my FAKO score is 693 TU and 695 EQ. I have a $7500 balance at 16.99 APR on a WF CC with a 10k CL that I want to transfer to a new BT card like Citi. I am curious to know if anyone with a similar score has qualified for the Citi Double Cash Card. I don't want to take an inquiry if there's no chance I'll qualify.

I don't think you will get Citi Double Cash Card with your score and your debt unless you have other cards with no balaces and if your WF CC is the only card with a balance. Citi can be very picky with the Double Cash.

Your best opition is Navy Federal if you can join. They love people who is new to credit and with your scores.

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forums.

Does it need to be a Citi card?  Just keep in mind that they'll evaluate more than just scores to determine if you qualify.  It's possible you *could* be approved, but not the limit you might expect.  Typically, the Double Cash isn't known for high SLs, especially if FICO scores are on the lower end (or below 700).

Aside from the high utilization on the WF card, what does the rest of your profile look like?  What are your actual FICO scores?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know my actual scores. I just go off of what Credit Karma, Wallethub, Credit Sesame, Nerdwallet and my other CC's which are all pretty much the same:

My AM/EX says 720

My WF CC says 716

My Discover says 708

My other CC's range between 2-10% utilization.

I am open to any BT card but liked the Citi 18 months even with the BT fee.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.