Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!

tag
J_G
Regular Contributor

Need help!

I applied for a Cap1 MasterCard was approved but they had me verify my income and i have made $72,000 this year and make close to 150k a year. I thought they were going to send me a decent limit but they gave me a $300 limit:-( i tried to apply for a increase and was denied. Or told i would receive a letter in 7 to 10 days. Doors anyone know what i can do? I haven't activated the card and don't want to with such a low limit. Also I have 5 other credit cards with a higher limit.
7/1/13 - EQ = 593 TU = 578 EXP = 573 FICO
8/11/13 - EQ = 600 TU = 590 EXP = 603 FICO
10/1/13 - EQ = 611 TU = 689 EXP = 605 FICO
12/4/13 - EQ = 625 TU = 648 EXP = 604
Lender Pull 2/18/14 - EQ = 630 TU = 678 EXP = 594
Lender Pull 2/28/14 (EQ 640) (TU 660) (EX 655) Rapid re-score =)
9/30/14 - EQ = 660 TU = 710 EXP = 669
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fot1
Established Contributor

Re: Need help!

Cap one can be like that... You can try the EQ through facebook.. Some have good luck with that..

Too many to list..
Message 2 of 7
MT936
Established Contributor

wow capital one did you dirty a $300 limit with a income like that? sheesh

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What other credit cards do you currently have and limits?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think your income is the main reason for the low limit. If they automatically enrolled you in their "credit steps" program then you're pretty much stuck with that limit for five months. You can try to request an increase but it will be another HP (I asked) and since they pulled all three of my reports when I applied I said no thank you I can wait. But in your case things might be different. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

You can try contacting the EO. What's your AAOA? Do you have a lot of inquiries? Are there any baddies? It seems like you have other items on your CR that is impacting their decision. Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
keithB
Established Contributor

@J_G wrote:
I applied for a Cap1 MasterCard was approved but they had me verify my income and i have made $72,000 this year and make close to 150k a year. I thought they were going to send me a decent limit but they gave me a $300 limit:-( i tried to apply for a increase and was denied. Or told i would receive a letter in 7 to 10 days. Doors anyone know what i can do? I haven't activated the card and don't want to with such a low limit. Also I have 5 other credit cards with a higher limit.

You got some negatives on your credit report?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.