Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some expert advise

tag
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

Need some expert advise

Need some advise on credit cards. Currently I have 1 Orchard Secured 2000K, 1 Capital One 750, a car loan and school loan which is deffered. I want how can I get a card with a limit of 5K. I have never been late with my payments and not gone over my limit. The last I checked my score was between 660-690.

Any advise.

Thanks

Ed
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some expert advise

ineedcreditbad wrote:
Need some advise on credit cards. Currently I have 1 Orchard Secured 2000K, 1 Capital One 750, a car loan and school loan which is deffered. I want how can I get a card with a limit of 5K. I have never been late with my payments and not gone over my limit. The last I checked my score was between 660-690.

Any advise.

Thanks

Ed

Ok those scores may r may not get you the limit you want depending on a lot of factors.  How much of your avail credit are you using? That can be a score killer.   I would see if I can get down below 30 percent utilization if you are not already and recheck our scores.  You may see a surprising bump. 

How old are your cards?  you usually also get a bump at the one year mark.
Message 2 of 7
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

My Orchard is from 05 I currently have 1700 balance and Capital One is a new one and the balance is 250 balance. The student loans are deffered and lastly my car loan.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your first priority should be paying those balances down. If you can get them down below 10% of credit limits, you may well see a 20 to 30 point increase in your FICO right there.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

85% util on Orchard
33% util on Cap 1
71% util overall

What high balance is reporting on your Cap 1?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=4120

Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Investigate the better credit unions.
Message 6 of 7
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info guys.

Ed
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.