Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neiman Marcus CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Neiman Marcus CLI

I just called for a cli on my Neiman Marcus and the customer service person said they would need to pull a credit report. I asked if it would be a soft pull, and she said she thought so. I didn't want to take the chance of a hard pull, so I said I would wait for an automatic increase. Totally bummed because I just got a $2000 increase at Nordstrom with a soft pull. I opened both cards around the same time...

Message 21 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called for a cli on my Neiman Marcus and the customer service person said they would need to pull a credit report. I asked if it would be a soft pull, and she said she thought so. I didn't want to take the chance of a hard pull, so I said I would wait for an automatic increase. Totally bummed because I just got a $2000 increase at Nordstrom with a soft pull. I opened both cards around the same time...

it's a sp just call back and don't ask and just say yes!

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

People must be getting over their heads at Neiman's nowadays. Making it hard to get a cli when they should be as simple to get as a complimentary bottle of water while shopping there.

They must have Capital One on high alert.

Message 23 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

People must be getting over their heads at Neiman's nowadays. Making it hard to get a cli when they should be as simple to get as a complimentary bottle of water while shopping there.

If you actually needed to make a purchase and go over your limit by more than 30% im sure a salesperson could call in and get it done easy... Even when HSBC took it over Neiman Marcus still use to handle the decisions on it back in 2005-6 when I worked there... 30% over credit line would go through without even calling usually... but it would be rare that they would decline a charge after calling... it's kind of like it's pretty rare to get denied a opening line of $700 unless the credit is just really bad because chances are the sales person in the store will loose that sale if they don't open the card because of the amex only thing... I could usually call in and they would usually override the denial, only once did i have a denial stay a denial and i lost the sale... he was so mad and embarrassed in front of his girlfriend... she wanted to just pay and he would not have any of that!

Message 24 of 35
ddemari
Super Contributor

Got my decline letter today. This letter had an EQ fico bankcard score. My eq is the worst cause of old collection reporting still. I was approved with a TU pull. Barneys is definitely more giving
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
Got my decline letter today. This letter had an EQ fico bankcard score. My eq is the worst cause of old collection reporting still. I was approved with a TU pull. Barneys is definitely more giving

You have some great cards. How old is your account and at what limit?

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you actually needed to make a purchase and go over your limit by more than 30% im sure a salesperson could call in and get it done easy... Even when HSBC took it over Neiman Marcus still use to handle the decisions on it back in 2005-6 when I worked there... 30% over credit line would go through without even calling usually... but it would be rare that they would decline a charge after calling... it's kind of like it's pretty rare to get denied a opening line of $700 unless the credit is just really bad because chances are the sales person in the store will loose that sale if they don't open the card because of the amex only thing... I could usually call in and they would usually override the denial, only once did i have a denial stay a denial and i lost the sale... he was so mad and embarrassed in front of his girlfriend... she wanted to just pay and he would not have any of that!

I guess when they have a pending sale in front of them they don't want to lose it, but on an open cli request there is less sense of urgency. 

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied for the NM card and initial CL was $70. I called to request increase and they raised ot just 1k. I guess that'll do for now. It's worth calling cause its soft pull. Hope that helps.
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops I meant $700
Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently applied for the NM card and initial CL was $70. I called to request increase and they raised ot just 1k. I guess that'll do for now. It's worth calling cause its soft pull. Hope that helps.

Good deal $1000 is better than $700.  We'll have to all hit them up for substantial cli's come November. 

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.