Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Capital One Savor Launching Soon

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: New Capital One CC launching soon

DW does Walmart curbside groceries and it is 3% back with Walmart card.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 61 of 392
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So just fyi....my Savor card, which was a upgrade from a Platiunum Mastercard about 6 months ago is now showing up as a Platinum Mastercard again....I'm chatting with them now....check your online accounts if this applied to you

Also the case with me. Account is showing Platnium Mastercard with the blue background. Let us know what you find out. Thanks

Message 62 of 392
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got off chat (I don't have time to get on the phone with them)....they said nothing has changed and they aren't sure why my view is different. They also checked and said mine will change to 4% with no annual fee....and stay a Savor...not a Savor One. Still not sure why the view looks different.

Message 63 of 392
kugel
Valued Contributor

Oh no same here just checked and my card was never upgraded it’s original savor card ?
Message 64 of 392
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So just fyi....my Savor card, which was a upgrade from a Platiunum Mastercard about 6 months ago is now showing up as a Platinum Mastercard again....I'm chatting with them now....check your online accounts if this applied to you

Mine just says "World Elite MasterCard" with a deep blue background, just got off the phone with a CSR, she confirms current Savors will be upgraded and grandfathered in with no AF, she wasn't sure what the exact date of upgrade but said all will be done before the end of 2018, I think she is just playing safe and the actual date should be sooner like already posted in this thread.

She also assures me that my card is still a Savor even though my login page has changed overnight, she "suspects" it's probably related to the upgrade process and will be fixed when the process is complete, I hope so.

Lastly, she did confirm that current Savor holders can also apply for the new Savor, meaning you can probably grab the $500 SUB, then combine it into the grandfather at some point before the AF hit.

Edit : My Savor was PCed from a QS for data point.

Message 65 of 392
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Manonfire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also the case with me. Account is showing Platnium Mastercard with the blue background. Let us know what you find out. Thanks

I just PC'd my Venture WMC to Savor WEMC a few weeks ago.

It still shows up as Savor.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 66 of 392
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Manonfire wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That is odd... mine is showing up correctly as 'Savor' with the bronze background in both the app and online. 

Ironically, my Savor actually is a 'Platinum' MasterCard. (As in, Platinum network level.)  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I can confirm that Walmart only gets 1% cash back even though they use the grocery MCC.  I tried that out just last week.  Smiley Sad

Update:  I was mistaken; on closer look at the rewards breakdown (thanks @HeavenOhio!) I can see that I did get 2% cash back at Walmart!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 67 of 392
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine just says "World Elite MasterCard" with a deep blue background, just got off the phone with a CSR, she confirms current Savors will be upgraded and grandfathered in with no AF, she wasn't sure what the exact date of upgrade but said all will be done before the end of 2018, I think she is just playing safe and the actual date should be sooner like already posted in this thread.

She also assures me that my card is still a Savor even though my login page has changed overnight, she "suspects" it's probably related to the upgrade process and will be fixed when the process is complete, I hope so.

Lastly, she did confirm that current Savor holders can also apply for the new Savor, meaning you can probably grab the $500 SUB, then combine it into the grandfather at some point before the AF hit.

I kind of suspected it was due to the cards being upgraded. thanks

Message 68 of 392
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@issac2x wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I will be quite impressed if current Savor customers are grandfathered in with no AF with the 4% back.

I am grandfathered in for $59 AF on Venture, so anything is possible.

I just PC'd from Venture WMC to Savor WEMC before the announcement. 

Fingers crossed.

So according to doc existing cards members will be grandfathered in at no AF which makes this great for us current holders.

IMO uber card is still better... Granted Barclay's is uber card issuer.  Cell phone coverage 4/3/2/1 card no AF, etc..Possibly upcoming travel partners.  The non grandfathered Savor card only good thing is bonus then people will downgrade to the Savor one so hence a cap1 as mentioned above swing and miss.

Unless you want a simple card that will not do HP for CLI and give you a decent SL and not close your account if you open another account elsewhere and ... and ... 

I am sure the cell phone coverage plan is real easy, quick, and comprehensive.  Smiley Wink

I can certainly tell you I have had AA from Cap1 for not using them much (CLD) and have a GOOD limit with Barclays and tons of new credit and cards in the 30+ range for last 2 years and no AA.  Although I give them no reason to do AA as income is high, steady credit patterns being nothing risky, etc.. Never had problems with barclay's (not saying I won't), but never had issues with Cap1, but got a CLD like many others with big limits due to only a 50-100 dollar useage per month.. They dropped me to 10k CL which is still respectable, but if I can't trust a lender then I don't need them so told them bye and to close card.  So Cap1 is less likely to do AA from data on this forum it does happen and happened to alot of us on this forum.. Just sayingSmiley Happy

Message 69 of 392
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As OldMan said: Just logged in and saw the block has turned blue from gold. As you look at "View Rewards". It's missing. Whereas the QS shows the rewards. Also it used to say Savor which I changed it to as the nickname.

block.PNG

rewards.PNGblank

rewads1.PNG

OP. I'd change the title name to the new cap1 savor cards. Not trying to tell you what to do since it has already launched.

Message 70 of 392
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.