Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ideas !!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New ideas !!!!!!!

Can you please help me with new idea or suguestion on what do next.

I have Costco AMEX  and they are  going to be sperated next year so all Costco members who carry the Costco AMEX card their cards will canceld and no one can use the AMEX CARD  any more or any where so I think tthe AMEX   want the members to apply for A new AMEX card.

I really don't want to apply for a new card, but I do want have AMEX credit card, and the keep sending me a new offers to apply for a new card, and telling me that you card will be canceld when the contract is up with Costco next year.

Can you please help me with new ideas on how to stay with the AMEX without having to apply again, and I really don't wnat to apply again.  I have One Capital Credit card now and the Amex.

Thanks so much

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New ideas !!!!!!!

There is no way to stay with Amex without applying for another card.

Message 2 of 54
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Is it possible to PC to something else while you still have the card?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 3 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah and that card doesn't PC to anything either. it's either app and stay with amex or let amex close you out.
Message 4 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Sorry what do you mean by PC  ?

2) Also is it better to let the Amex close the or do you think I should close it before they do because I do not my credit score get hit if they close it what do you think please ?

3) My final question how many cards can a person should have at least if you want get your score better and better ?

I have 2 credit cards now and home loan and  one store card  card .

Thanks again

Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

you have enough credit to optimize score overall as long as you don't carry balances and a PC means product change
Message 6 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex made good money selling you to citi. Just app for a new amex card, if you need amex that badly.
Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you let amex close it then it'll report as "closed by lender" which could have some negative connotation tied to it so i would close it in february if you just flat out don't want a new card
Message 8 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have few closed by lender and it hasn't hurt me so far. Can you expand on why it's a negative connotation.
Message 9 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's not that it'll hurt you but if a credit decision needs manual underwriting (the credit union i work at is 85% manual underwriting so i see all types of reports) and sometimes they'll come back and ask me to ask the members why the creditor closed certain accounts if a credit profile is questionable or on the border.
Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.