My FICO scores on 7-27-07 were:
Eq 697
Ex 617
TU 627

My Fako thru TC on 7-26-07 were:
Eq 650
Ex 608
TU 627

that being said, I only have 1 cc through hsbc Nv with cl of $1250 owe 800, 1 mortgage, 1 car loan all have been paid on time.  The only co is Sprint and ATT wireless (from my daughter) and a Drs showing up on EX only, Only Sprint shows up on TU, and none on Eq. I would like to apply for a cc but do not want to be declined either.  Any suggestions as to who checks through Eq? I've gone to the webb sites listed here and applied for a Home Depot Rewards online and a AT&T Universal Card.  They both said further processing is required at this time.  Does this mean I was declined?  Also, I have been taken off all promotions through the 3 bureaus per my request earlier this year.  Will this hurt my chances of applying online?  Thank you all for any help or guidence you can give me.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: New to Forums Need some Help

DuckHunter wrote:
My FICO scores on 7-27-07 were:
Eq 697
Ex 617
TU 627

My Fako thru TC on 7-26-07 were:
Eq 650
Ex 608
TU 627

that being said, I only have 1 cc through hsbc Nv with cl of $1250 owe 800, 1 mortgage, 1 car loan all have been paid on time.  The only co is Sprint and ATT wireless (from my daughter) and a Drs showing up on EX only, Only Sprint shows up on TU, and none on Eq. I would like to apply for a cc but do not want to be declined either.  Any suggestions as to who checks through Eq? I've gone to the webb sites listed here and applied for a Home Depot Rewards online and a AT&T Universal Card.  They both said further processing is required at this time.  Does this mean I was declined?  Also, I have been taken off all promotions through the 3 bureaus per my request earlier this year.  Will this hurt my chances of applying online?  Thank you all for any help or guidence you can give me.

In your situation, the fastest way to improve your scores will be to paid down the balance on your CC. High CC utilization tanks your FICO scores. Your current UTIL is too high. If you can pay the card balance to <50% of the CL this will help, <30% better and for max FICO points have the card reporting on your CRs (credit reports) with a UTIL of 1-9%.

The mort and auto installments, what matters the most is paying on time just like you are doing.

As for the CO, if it's paid try an write a GW letter (thread below). If it's unpaid write a PFD letter (thread below).

I have no familiarity with the CC you applied for. Did you get the message further processing required online right after you applied? I say call them, others might disagree but who cares.Smiley Tongue You want to know if your approved so why wait. I cannot see any reason you should have a problem applying for CCs just because you opted out. This just slows down the unsolicited offers. You should be able to apply for CCs since you are the one requesting the card. FYI CITI is a big EQ puller, but no guarantee of course. Your scores should be a bit higher before you pull the trigger and apply.

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-29-2007 09:38 AM

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-29-2007 10:16 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to Forums Need some Help

I opted out and I have been able to apply and get approved on-line. However, I tried the pre-approval for B of A since it they do soft pulls and received a sorry message. But then I saw a thread that said if you opted out you will be denied for the pre-approvals on-line. So that it what happened.  I have sinced asked to be opted in to see if any good deals come my way. And I will try the BOA pre-approval again.  I have to wait 5 business days. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.