cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next travel card app suggestions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help me choose the next card please...

@mdd0214 wrote:

I'd go with 3, but 2 is a very viable option as well.

I too am very tempted to convert one of my Chase cards to the CSR but I want that sign up bonus. I've cold apped online 2 times now despite being way over 5/24 and ended up with a Ritz & just now a BA. 

Yeah that is my only holdup with upgrading to CSR... 100k UR points is a huge thing to miss out on.

I think what I'll do is double cold-app again for CSR and Ink Cash (for combined inquiry since both are likely to be denied anyway), if they both go to 7-10 days... really the SPG Business or Ritz cards would be useable at least cuz i do need a few more hotel nights. On the one hand the Ritz would be more Chase exposure, on the other hand SPG Business would not show on my personal reports.

The Delta card I don't really care about aside from 75k miles for 3k spend is a pretty sweet bonus, and Delta is my main airline in the states since I live in a hub city.

Gosh this is not an easy decision!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help me choose the next card please...

Well, I sort of went with option 2.

As expected, CSR app gave me the 7-10 day message, so I figured I may as well shoot in the dark with an Ink Cash to maximize use of the HP. That also as expected went straight to 7-10 day.

Debated between the Ritz-Carlton and Amex SPG Business for a bit more, and decided to go for Amex since it is hidden from my personal reports, and doesn't have any upfront annual fee, while still providing me with 3 free days of hotel after 5k spend. The points are also useable immediately, rather than 6-8 weeks later with certificates from the Ritz.

All in all still a win. This means my 5/24 status is not any worse, I save $450 up front, still get my free vacation, and know that Amex loves me and obviously does not care about inquiries or new accounts!

......... now to wait for July 2018 when I'm finally under 5/24 and can get CSR...

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.