Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More Secured Cards in Cap1's Pre-Approval Tool

tag
GZG
Valued Contributor

No More Secured Cards in Cap1's Pre-Approval Tool

image.png

I wonder if seeing VentureOne in the pre-approval indiciates a minimum CL, or at least a CL above $500 if approved for a savor one

not curious enough to actually apply for a savor one but nice to be out of Cap1 secured card only jail for the pre-approval tool 

VentureOne minimum CL, it's $1000, isn't it?

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Re: No More Secured Cards in Cap1's Pre-Approval Tool

@GZG wrote:

image.png

I wonder if seeing VentureOne in the pre-approval indiciates a minimum CL, or at least a CL above $500 if approved for a savor one

not curious enough to actually apply for a savor one but nice to be out of Cap1 secured card only jail for the pre-approval tool 

VentureOne minimum CL, it's $1000, isn't it?

Lucky, you. I have a 35k Credit card with Capital One and they only offer a secured CC.

Message 2 of 10
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

I don't think I have ever looked before.  So I did just now.  This is what I see but there are quite a few more choices when I change the 'that are popular' to other drop down choices.  

Capture.JPG

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 3 of 10
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

I believe it is $1k min.  That being said I don't know what kind of impact that would have on getting a higher SL on SavorOne.  While SavorOne has a lower minimum CL, there's also quite a few more $10k+ limit SavorOne cards than VentureOne cards of the same limit out there.  I tend to think it's because people with solid profiles don't often fresh app for VentureOne since the rewards structure is weaker than both QS and SavorOne.  A lot of the VentureOne cards are are PCs from Platinum or QS1 and you can tell because they're still platinum level MCs (mine didn't change from platinum when I went to VentureOne, only after I got to regular QS did it become world elite....not that cap one really offers much on that). Anyways, FWIW I was only showing QS and SavorOne (for good credit no sub versions) when I apped back in September.  My initial approval was $3k with no sub and you've got better scores than I had so you could possibly end up with better.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
Oct 2024 FICO 8:
Oct 2024 FICO 9:
Message 4 of 10
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

I believe it is $1k min.  That being said I don't know what kind of impact that would have on getting a higher SL on SavorOne.  While SavorOne has a lower minimum CL, there's also quite a few more $10k+ limit SavorOne cards than VentureOne cards of the same limit out there.  I tend to think it's because people with solid profiles don't often fresh app for VentureOne since the rewards structure is weaker than both QS and SavorOne.  A lot of the VentureOne cards are are PCs from Platinum or QS1 and you can tell because they're still platinum level MCs (mine didn't change from platinum when I went to VentureOne, only after I got to regular QS did it become world elite....not that cap one really offers much on that). Anyways, FWIW I was only showing QS and SavorOne (for good credit no sub versions) when I apped back in September.  My initial approval was $3k with no sub and you've got better scores than I had so you could possibly end up with better.

1k would be more than enough for my spend, I just don't want a $300-$500 card 

my QS is still a platinum MC, even after it was PC'd

thanks for your 3k DP

makes me a tad more hopeful, I might consider it in a few months, my QS will be a year old in a bit, might see if they'll let me PC to S1 or give me another CLI in a few months time 

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 5 of 10
GZG
Valued Contributor

interesting update

I'm able to prompt different pre-approved choices based on which link I use: 

using: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/preapprove/ 

gets me QS Secured and Plat Secured

using: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/preapprove/u/?landingPage=savorone 

gets me QS for good credit, Savor One for good credit and VentureOne for good credit 

spooky, but interesting. If you're looking into capital one, try to not use the base pre-approval link, try the savor one and you might get better results?

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 6 of 10
FicoME27

Thank you for posting this. I just did both of the links, and you're correct. I was only offered Platinum and QS1 on the generic link. I used the other link and they included V1 and Savor1. I took the bait on the Savor 1 and was approved!

Message 7 of 10
GZG
Valued Contributor

@FicoME27 wrote:

Thank you for posting this. I just did both of the links, and you're correct. I was only offered Platinum and QS1 on the generic link. I used the other link and they included V1 and Savor1. I took the bait on the Savor 1 and was approved!

congrats!!

care to share the SL? curious if you got one higher than $500

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 8 of 10
Ficome271

Sure didn't. It's $500 😂. However, I just started on a rebuild journey about 6 months ago. Scores are all sitting around 570 so $500 is deserved. I burned them big time of about $80,000 in 2017. 😩

Message 9 of 10
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@GZG wrote:

interesting update

I'm able to prompt different pre-approved choices based on which link I use: 

using: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/preapprove/ 

gets me QS Secured and Plat Secured

using: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/preapprove/u/?landingPage=savorone 

gets me QS for good credit, Savor One for good credit and VentureOne for good credit 

spooky, but interesting. If you're looking into capital one, try to not use the base pre-approval link, try the savor one and you might get better results?

Thanks for that info. I've been wanting to get a Savor One for a while. I tried about 6 months ago using the preapproval from the normal preapproval link, had the Savor One for good credit pop up in the preapproval but my application was denied. My FICO scores were around 610 at the time. I started rebuilding this past year.

Not a ton has changed with my scores, currently they all now hover around 620. Used your second link and noticed in the preapproval it showed the Savor One for excellent credit (with the 15 month 0% APR and the $200 SUB). I figured I'd still be denied or get an extremely low limit, so at first didn't go for it, but a little reluctantly ended up hitting the submit button on the application and was kind of shocked to see they actually approved me and with a $5000 limit! I'm really surprised I got that limit and even got the SUB. I was totally expecting a bucketed card with a really low limit from them at this point if I was able to get a card from them.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.