Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wal Mart Store CLI in 7 months

tag
money_talks
Frequent Contributor

No Wal Mart Store CLI in 7 months

I opened my Wal Mart store card with a $200 CL in September 2013. I have not received any auto CLI since. I have only let a balance report for 2 consecutive months. My March Statement just cut so this marks the 2nd consecutive month I've let a balance report.

Question: Should I wait for my 4th statement with a balance reporting and wait for an auto CLI? If I request a manual CLI, will it be a HP inquiry?

Also, is the auto CLI a HP or SP inquiry?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: No Wal Mart Store CLI in 7 months

I'd call in to Credit Solutions.

They will do a fresh soft pull. No harm, no foul.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 11
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

There wouldn't be any harm in hitting the love button, it's only a SP. If no go, let four statements cut

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 3 of 11
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yah from what I understand and from what I've experienced with Walmart, they only consider statements that close with a balance as actual usage. So in order to get CLI's from them you should let a small balance report each month and the luv will roll in, of course YMMV, but it certainly helps.  I heard that when they review their accounts they only look at statement balances to determine how much you use the card, not individual spending habbits throughout the month.  I normally use my Walmart card as the 1 card to report a small balance each month and let others report $0, if I'm planning to apply for something that is.

But you may give that a try, after my 11th month of letting balances report, I was upgraded to the Discover version Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 4 of 11
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@money_talks wrote:

I opened my Wal Mart store card with a $200 CL in September 2013. I have not received any auto CLI since. I have only let a balance report for 2 consecutive months. My March Statement just cut so this marks the 2nd consecutive month I've let a balance report.

Question: Should I wait for my 4th statement with a balance reporting and wait for an auto CLI? If I request a manual CLI, will it be a HP inquiry?

I got one even better (or worse; depending on how you look at it)...I got my Walmart card November 2011, and have not received a CLI yet.

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 5 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

@money_talks wrote:

I got one even better (or worse; depending on how you look at it)...I got my Walmart card November 2011, and have not received a CLI yet.

Are you all requesting?

I'm always so confused when I see posts about no CLI but no one ever asked! I mean I get it for cards like Chase were you take a HP but on cards that are never HP, Id ask monthly until I got one and walmart is known for the credit solutions route.

Message 6 of 11
mattmix36
Contributor

I just recently go the Wally card with a pretty low limit (500)...by far my lowest limit. How long should I wait before I request a CLI, and what should I ask for? Should I be using this card semi-regulary to help my odds of a CLI, or is using once every other month okay?

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 7 of 11
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Are you all requesting?

I'm always so confused when I see posts about no CLI but no one ever asked! I mean I get it for cards like Chase were you take a HP but on cards that are never HP, Id ask monthly until I got one and walmart is known for the credit solutions route.

I've been asking, as I don't ever expect to get an auto CLI; and each time I've asked, I've always been denied...even through Credit Solutions...  Smiley Sad

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 8 of 11
pembrokepride
Contributor

Took me well over a year to get a $200 CLI from Wally.

In garden as of 04-06-14 to 12/01/14

Starting score EQ MyFico 646 11/29/13 Current 691 EQ MyFico SW 04/03/14
Starting score EX MyFico 657 12/01/13 Current 686 EX MyFico 03/01/14
Starting score TU MyFico 627 12/02/13 Current 696 Barkclay 03/26/14
Message 9 of 11
Cabal468

I had my Walmart card nearly maxed out and recently paid off the lion's share of it, they then gave me a pretty decent auto CLI(CL went from $1800 to $3200), I don't know if that's coincidence or I accidentally made a well played move. 

Starting Score: 674
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.