cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transunion.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transunion.

I expect my Fico scores to change with Experian and not Transunion all due to an AU Discover account being added back to credit profile. Long story short Transunion is refusing to add the AU account back, even after given them documents they requested. I would like to avoid any pulls from them, if that’s possible?

But I am also looking minimize pulls, if that’s possible? I plan on applying for 2 business credit cards 1st

And then applying for 3 personal cards. CAPITAL ONE IS NOT EVEN ON MY MIND AND I WONT WASTE MY TIME WITH THEM

I have a banking relationship with Bank of America, BBVA Compass and Wells Fargo. I have chosen Wells Fargo as one of my business and personal choices.

My other business choice is Discover and hoping they will SP for my personal? Amex and Chase or Citi would round the rest of the personal cards.....

Any feedback?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun

I would be careful with the spacing of the apps.

BBVA is a fun one to play with....if you have an existing account and login and hit apply for a CC and submit your info they'll show you what you're qualified for with a SP or give you the denial page w/ scores from the SP for both Fico and Vantage // Pulled EX

WF - not so fun but, for me they pulled EX

BOA - also pulled EX but, has grown nicely over the past couple of years to the tune of 65K with the advent of SP's 5/2018

It depends on where you live though in many cases unless it's a well known TU puller like Barclay's.  What's the issue with your TU file anyway?  If it 100 points off from the other 2 or something?

Message 2 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ok I think it might time to pull the trigger for obtaining new cards but I want to avoid Transun

Sounds like an app spree to me!  So, my vote... Capital One Savor (for the $500 referral SUB if still around).

Oh, wait.  They pull all 3.  Nevermind.  Carry on.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would be careful with the spacing of the apps.

BBVA is a fun one to play with....if you have an existing account and login and hit apply for a CC and submit your info they'll show you what you're qualified for with a SP or give you the denial page w/ scores from the SP for both Fico and Vantage // Pulled EX

WF - not so fun but, for me they pulled EX

BOA - also pulled EX but, has grown nicely over the past couple of years to the tune of 65K with the advent of SP's 5/2018

It depends on where you live though in many cases unless it's a well known TU puller like Barclay's.  What's the issue with your TU file anyway?  If it 100 points off from the other 2 or something?

Well the 2 business cards will not show up on my personal credit and it will take 2 hits ...The 3 personal I plan on applying in June and July only.

I was going to apply for BBVA Compass and even talked to the business banker and I am not kidding, he stated if I wanted a $10k credit card my company had to make $100k a year, I thought was funny because I can get bigger loans elsewhere.  

I am staying away from BBVA and Bank of America trying to limit pulls....But I will check my BBVA online banking to see what CC as an option.

Transunion is off by 10 to 20 on Fico, I will be checking again in a week or so....I would rather have a AU account on my profile when I apply as I have a very thin file.

My ratio is below 3%

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBVA normally pulls Experian but if you think your scores are even remotely borderline for the other cards, be prepared for a double pull possibility. 

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Sounds like an app spree to me!  So, my vote... Capital One Savor (for the $500 referral SUB if still around).

Oh, wait.  They pull all 3.  Nevermind.  Carry on.

Very Funny Not lol

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BBVA normally pulls Experian but if you think your scores are even remotely borderline for the other cards, be prepared for a double pull possibility. 

Ficos EQ is above 800 Ex will be above 800 and Transunion will be between 780-795

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ficos EQ is above 800 Ex will be above 800 and Transunion will be between 780-795

Eh, with those scores I find it hard to believe you will have a problem as long as your personal credit history is at least a year long. 

Message 8 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I just want to make sure I read this right....

You have one card and are planning an app spree? 

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Eh, with those scores I find it hard to believe you will have a problem as long as your personal credit history is at least a year long. 

4 years and 4 months but 1 credit card and so even if they are high, thats the problem

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.