Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock SCT Not Working?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock SCT Not Working?

New to the forum - trying to rebuild my credit with a 572 credit score.  Can't seem to get the Overstock SCT to work.  Is my score too low to even try?  Is there anything else anyone would recommend?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
mrldp40
Established Contributor

Re: Overstock

My scores were below 500 fico 08 .idk how i got approved but 250 in feb 2016 currently1650 today go ahead and try if u like.i didnt get a inquiry. Ps.i just remembered they sent me a pre approval letter so idk
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Overstock SCT Not Working?

Welcome to the board OP Smiley Happy

I have created your own thread on this as the one you were posting in is nearly a year old. I changed the title and left everything else intact. I am also moving the new thread to the main CC forum.

Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

New to the forum - trying to rebuild my credit with a 572 credit score.  Can't seem to get the Overstock SCT to work.  Is my score too low to even try?  Is there anything else anyone would recommend?

Welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

Assuming there's not been a change with the functionality of the Overstock SCT, you'll want to make sure your name and address are entered exactly as they are on your credit bureau reports. 

In my case I have a suffix, and if I leave that off my last name I don't get the pop-up (when there's not a place for it - and there's usually not - I add it to my last name).  Equally important is to make sure you address is an exact match.  My address includes 'Highway'; although my mail arrives just fine if I put 'Hwy' if I use this on a SCT site I don't get the pop-up... it's that picky (or at least it was in the past).

In most cases, the address with the credit bureaus will be how the USPS has it 'standardized'... to check your own you can click here:  https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action.  That site is a ZIP code lookup tool, but it will also show you your standardized address as well.  

Hope this helps!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got mine via the SCT. Started off low but up to $1500 now. Just keep trying.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey buddy. You'll also want to make sure you're OPTED-IN to receive Pre-Screened solicitations.
I just got my 2nd and 3rd SCT approval yesterday. One for OVERSTOCK ($5K) and one for SMG ($3k).
I am grateful for these.
I think 572 is a bit lower than Comenity would accept, but just hang in there. When I was rebuilding and in the high 5's, I wasn't getting anything to fall for me. I opted to open some secured lines of credit. Now I'm in the high 6's. Soon to be early 7's.
IYDMMA, what other credit cards do you have? Any Secured cards?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.