Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Reporting Question

tag
ambivalent
Established Contributor

PC Reporting Question

I'm full of questions today!  Better than being full of something else I guess!

So, I'm looking at my CR from the USAA CMS.  My NFCU card that I PC'd YESTERDAY to a cash rewards card is reporting on EX as closed (Credit line closed-consumer request-reported by subscriber).  It's still open on the other 2...so...are they going to report is as a whole new credit line?  How will this effect my AAoA?  I originally opened in in 10/2012.  I'm confused. 

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: PC Reporting Question

Closing a CC and opening another in its place will lower your AAoA, assuming that it's other than merely shifting account history to a new product.

Since a closed CC factors into AAoA for a long time, this is similar to simply adding a CC to your portfolio.

If you previously had N cards, and now have N + 1 cards, then the new AAoA can be found by multiplying the old AAoA by:

N / (N + 1)

I don't know the nuances of how NFCU does or doesn't preserve account history and age and so on when doing PCs.  So it's worth asking if the new CC is reporting correctly.

Message 2 of 5
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Haven't dealt with PC at NFCU, but assuming it will happen the way mine did with PenFed recently.  They do close the existing card and give you a new card with a new number, but same open date and history.  Essentially everything zeroes itself out.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 3 of 5
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Okay, gotcha.  Thank you both.

They aren't giving me a new number either.  Just changing the type of card.  It has the same interest rate and everything.  Hopefully it will report soon.

Message 4 of 5
ambivalent
Established Contributor

Just an update on this in case anyone runs into the same problem... I spoke to NFCU this morning bc the card reported to the other bureaus correctly.  They said I'd have to dispute it with EX directly.  Just FYI!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.