Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC US BANK cash + to AR

tag
Rogero57
Established Member

PC US BANK cash + to AR

hello community.
I had a question, can I change from cash + to Altitude reserve?

what requirements are needed?

I have 7 months with this card and a limit of 17,000.

I am not interested in the bonus because I want to get the bonus from another card with higher points.

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: PC US BANK cash + to AR

In the past one could not PC from a different US Bank card to an Altitude Reserve, and I haven't heard of any changes to their policy.

Regardless of whether or not they currently allow it,  you wouldn't be eligible in any case for another 5 months.  In the US a card less than 12 months old cannot legally be PC'd to a different one that has a higher AR, even if the cardholder initiates the request and wants/agrees to the change, to protect against bait-and-switch tactics.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
Rogero57
Established Member

Re: PC US BANK cash + a AR

Thanks for the info 

Message 3 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Rogero57 wrote:

hello community.

I am not interested in the bonus because I want to get the bonus from another card with higher points.

Thank you

The Altitude Reserve card has a $400 AF. Many of us here consider a sign up bonus as helping to lessen the impact of a large annual fee. 

It is also possible to get SUB's from many different cards. We don't get only one SUB, ever, which then excludes the possibility of getting a SUB from another CC. There is substantial spend required to get these SUB's, so that may be what you are trying to manage. That's merely an argument for spreading out the timing of applications, not an argument to skip the SUB Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Rogero57 wrote:

hello community.

Thank you

The Altitude Reserve card has a $400 AF. Many of us here consider a sign up bonus as helping to lessen the impact of a large annual fee. 

It is also possible to get SUB's from many different cards. We don't get only one SUB, ever, which then excludes the possibility of getting a SUB from another CC. There is substantial spend required to get these SUB's, so that may be what you are trying to manage. That's merely an argument for spreading out the timing of applications, not an argument to skip the SUB Smiley Happy

Right, but sometimes a PC will make sense, if the HP and new account hit for the AR would prevent/hinder OP getting the other card.   But I agree that the SUB on the AR is worth getting if you can, standard offer is worth $750 on travel

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.