Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PENFED

I applied for PENFED and god declined for credit card. Should I get their secure card for now?

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: PENFED

What are your scores, and what is your situation?  I was declined the first time, but was approved with them with a recon fax.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your email to tell you the truth I dont even know why they declined me. My fico eq scores is 650 and I have no collections at all. 2 years ago I had late payments on verizon account. I have perfect history for last 2 years. Let me post the reasons

Thanks

Message 3 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the resons

PAST OR PRESENT DELINQUENT ACCT(S)
AMOUNT OWED ON NEW ACCTS TOO HIGH
LENGTH OF TIME ACCTS ESTABLISHED

As i mentioned before I have no collection account. I just pulled my EQ Fico report. My uti is 19 percent. I dont think so that is high.

What should I do?
Message 4 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop apping-
To the Sleigh center - HRT needed.
Message 5 of 55
John060675
Valued Contributor

IMHO I would try to get your utilization down between 1 - 9% (if you can).  I think this would boost up your score some, which could not hurt.  I would then send a recon fax to them and request that they pull a new CR (since they will use the old one for 60 to 90 days).  In the recon fax I would explain the late payments for Verizon and point out how you have been perfect on payments the last 2 years.

Also, if you have opened a lot of new accounts recently, then I would explain this.  Creditors get a little nervous seeing so many new accounts. 

Now let me say that if you cannot get the utilization down under 10% in the next month, then I still would send a recon fax to them.  When I signed up to their Credit Union, I thought they were very easy to get a CC through.  However, I have learned that they are not as easy to get as I thought, or they might have just tightened up their lending policies from what they used to be.  I guess what I am saying is that you should not worry about the first denial.  I was denied at first, and my first recon was denied.  However, 30 days later I reapplied and they gave me a CC.

Hope it helps.  Your score is fairly close to what they require.  I think if you can just boost it a little by lowering your util. %, then your in.  Good luck.

Message 6 of 55
John060675
Valued Contributor

Ashabbir1,

How many new accounts do you have?  May I ask what they are?

Message 7 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Tim. You are right I think main reason is I have opened too many accounts in short time Smiley Happy

SHould I try NASA before I go to sleigh center ?

Message 8 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply John. Within 2 weeks I got Target, Spiegels, walmart, dillards, macys, applied bank.First national and cortrust Smiley Happy. These are the ones I got approved. I got declined for lowes, gemb credit card, spiegels credit card, eddie bauer credit card, I am still waiting for wamu and hooters. I applied for hooters on the 17 and I just called today and it is still pending Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, go directly to the Sleigh center, do not pass go, you will not pick up the WAMU for too many INQ's.

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol Tim. You are right I think main reason is I have opened too many accounts in short time Smiley Happy
SHould I try NASA before I go to sleigh center ?

Message Edited by Timothy on 10-26-2007 08:58 PM
Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.