Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PISSED AT MACYS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PISSED AT MACYS

Called macys to check my available credit on my store card and they decreased my limit from 1000 to 250.00. i have never been late, have used the card and havent had any negative entries on my report for  over two years. i asked to have my limit restored and they told me that they could not do it. i will be closing this card as soon as i pay off my balance which it 236.00. i will also close the via as well. I am sick and tired of companies treating me like crap and expecting to be rewarded for it by my using their cards. This year i will be closing several cards reguardless of the score consequences.  i understand that the economy is in bad shape but i unlike our government will not reward bad behavior!!!
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: PISSED AT MACYS

I would call back and talk to a supervisor, many have posted about CLD, and many have had luck with them being restored. how long have you been carrying a balance? that seems to be a trigger as of late, even though i would not think a $200 balance would be a trigger.
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

have had balance since late november, i did some christmas shopping and plan to pay it off next week. i called the number on the back of my statement is their another number that i should call? thanks for the reply
Message 3 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

no but i would try once again with the first line representative that answers, if they say no, I would escalate to supervisor.

you say you have visa too? what's your limit?

You have to keep in mind even if they won't restore your CL, they do CLI every 3 months, it's very likely if you pay your balance off in march you could call and get CLI back to your limit 

Message 4 of 28
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Called macys to check my available credit on my store card and they decreased my limit from 1000 to 250.00. i have never been late, have used the card and havent had any negative entries on my report for  over two years. i asked to have my limit restored and they told me that they could not do it. i will be closing this card as soon as i pay off my balance which it 236.00. i will also close the via as well. I am sick and tired of companies treating me like crap and expecting to be rewarded for it by my using their cards. This year i will be closing several cards reguardless of the score consequences.  i understand that the economy is in bad shape but i unlike our government will not reward bad behavior!!!

Had they previously reduced your limit? Did you know that already when you called? What made you check?

Message 5 of 28
keith021
Regular Contributor

My Macy’s account is fairly new, and by the time I received my new card in the mall, my limit was reduced from $600 to $300! When I heard the recording on the automated system, I immediately pressed “0” to speak with a rep...  Come to find out, when I called in to verify my identity for the application, the previous rep. processed another application instead of pulling up verification questions!

The rep. said it looks like you have two applications that were processed, one approved for: $600 and the second one for: $300. I only received one card in the mail though. The rep. placed me on hold for at least 3 minutes and informed me that my limit was set back to: $600. I hope they are able to reinstate your original limit. Good luck!  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My macy visa limit is 2000. i called in to see if i could get a gli on my store card since it has been 6 months since i called for the last one. the automated system told me that i had 26.00 left available to me on the store card. i talked to a csr who gave me bogus reasons for the decrease, first was non usage- we both had to laugh at that one, 2nd was high utility on the card-highest utility ive ever had  has been 30% which i paid off 2 days after making the 300 charge.the 236 balance i have now is the last of the xmas balance and 100 that i charged last week.  ive always paid atleast 3-4 times the minimum payment and now this really is killing my utility.
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hey dont feel bad, i been with macys since 07 never had a credit increase....request for a cli, denied everytime...$300clSmiley Sad
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELPLESSINFICOLAND wrote: 
this really is killing my utility.

Sorry about that CLD.  Very frustrating.

When you say this is killing my utility - do you mean on this card or your overall utility?  If you don't mind me asking,are you carrying balances on your other cards that they would have picked up when they softed you?

(Just for a reference point, my Macy's opened at $1,000 Jul 09; cli to $1700 Oct 09; cli to $2400 Jan 10. ETA:  cli to $3100 April 10.

I am 11 months post CH 13 BK discharge - so I've had a good experience with them, and I'm certainly not prime material. 

My FICO EQ is 711.  My utilization is 1-3% overall.)

Let us know your utilization - perhaps that's one of their current sticking points.

I hope all gets resolved in your favor.  And congrats on that Macy's Visa - it's still on my wish list!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding, it is killing my utility on this card, i also lost 5 points on my fico. My over all utility is a little high at 20% but im working very quickly to get it down asap. im hoping to apply for a mortgage in the next few months.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.