cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Bank buying RBC Bank's Card Portfolio !!!

tag
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

PNC Bank buying RBC Bank's Card Portfolio !!!

just saw this come across reuters .. any effects on us, please do chime in ...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/20/us-rbc-pnc-idUSTRE75I2V520110620

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PNC Bank buying RBC Bank's Card Portfolio !!!

PNC is the bank I have my main checking account with and I have a CC with them (my highest limit at $10k).  They've been pretty good to me.  I don't really have anything bad to say.  I don't think it will really affect anything.  I've never seen anyone on these forums talk about RBC.  I looked at their CC products and they don't seem like anything to write home about.  I would assume that PNC will rebrand everything RBC to PNC.  That's what they did with the National City aquisition.  The upside is that the people that work at RBC won't be losing their jobs like a lot of the National City people did, because PNC doesn't currently operate in that territory. 

Any other thoughts out there?

Message 2 of 3
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: PNC Bank buying RBC Bank's Card Portfolio !!!

PNC also bought out a local bank called Bank Atlantic because all the branches here were changed over to PNC and also another local bank called mercantile bank was bought out by TD bank since the branches here were also changed over.

amazon
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.