Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Question

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

PNC Question

Does anyone have experience with PNC?

I am wondering what bureau they pull in CA?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: PNC Question

IIRC, PNC doesn't issue cards outside of their "operating area", which is Ohio, PA, NJ, and I think DE.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 6
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

I have a PNC select rewards credit card. It's ok. I have a CL of $8000 after three years of payment history, started with an initial limit of $1000. Credit increases usually generate a hard pull. They're conservative and the rewards are not spectacular. My card is being phased out, so I am now getting their PNC Points card as per their decision. This is not my main card anymore, but I charge small sums once in a while. You can do better, you can do worse. It's about average right in between.

Message 3 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Probably won't help here but for what it's woth National City (PNC bought them) pulled TU in Texas when I got the card a few years ago.  I don't know what PNC does but I know that National City siwtched their credit monitoring from True Credit to Experian. 

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm also a PNC convert after the NatCity acquisition. At the exact same time I applied for NatCity, I applied for PNC. PNC denied me with a TU of around 670 at the time and NatCity accepted me, IIRC. Both pulled TU. I'm in VA and well outside NatCity's servicing area at the time, and still have no clue how I got in. I tried replicating my steps but couldn't apply each time. PNC took over and there's more of an operating area. I don't know their scope, but PNC has branches here in the DC area. I think I have their Everyday Rewards cards and it has been good. No issues. Never asked for a CLI, though I did get one under NatCity's tenure. No frills. I did pay at the branch once and that was painless.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

pnc is great card , cl was 10000.00 when i got it , in 3 years they raised it to 23000.00 then sent me bt checks for 2.99 bt for life of loan, used 18000.00 at 2.99

to pay off other cards have been paying it back for a year and half at 300.00 a month, great credit card if you can get it. they are sticklers when giving out there

cards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.