Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRE-APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT CARD

tag
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Re: PRE-APPROVAL CITI PLATINUM SELECT CARD

Sigh... all of these approvals had me very excited as I received the pre-approval in the mail today. I pulled the trigger and just got this notice:

We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® Visa®.

I'm pretty sure that my high balances are the issue, but I just couldn't resist.  I know my entire debt will be paid off in a year, but I was hoping to increase the line available (not use it) and thereby reduce my overall utilization.

Oh well. ... if nothing else, I continue to live and learn daily. And I'm forever grateful to this forum since 2007.  I am a fico finatic!

Current scores:

EX:  701  (on their site)

EQ:  True Fico ....  was 700 but dropped to 670  recently  after opening a new account- sigh

TU:  672  (from Walmart site)

Message 11 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

@Gotagoal wrote:

Sigh... all of these approvals had me very excited as I received the pre-approval in the mail today. I pulled the trigger and just got this notice:

We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® Visa®.

I'm pretty sure that my high balances are the issue, but I just couldn't resist.  I know my entire debt will be paid off in a year, but I was hoping to increase the line available (not use it) and thereby reduce my overall utilization.

Oh well. ... if nothing else, I continue to live and learn daily. And I'm forever grateful to this forum since 2007.  I am a fico finatic!

Current scores:

EX:  701  (on their site)

EQ:  True Fico ....  was 700 but dropped to 670  recently  after opening a new account- sigh

TU:  672  (from Walmart site)

good luck, keep us updated, yesterday I got in the mail a pre selected offer from citi not a pre approval however I may try in about 30 days once my balances report lower if the offer is still valid

Message 12 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

which cb does Citi Pull?

Message 13 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@john398 wrote:

which cb does Citi Pull?

I think this depends on your location.  In CA, they pull Ex.

Message 14 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

which cb does Citi Pull?

Oh ok ,I am in Texas

Message 15 of 17
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

which cb does Citi Pull?

Oh ok ,I am in Texas

I am in Texas as well.  ALWAYS an EX pull.  They will not use any other bureau if EX is on ice.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 16 of 17
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Hello - Just wanted to give you an update.

They mailed me a letter with the denial stating my balances were too high.  I knew this was coming and it's ok.

Lesson learned, only ask for credit when you need it.

My goal needs to remain paying down my current balances and if the Citi card is right for me down the road, I will earn it.

Thanks everyone.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.