Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path to Apple Card

tag
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

Path to Apple Card

I am currently doing this path to apple card where I have to continue to make on time payments for the next couple of months; My question is has anyone been denied when applying for apple card after successfuly completing this program? 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
DLynn1920
Established Member

Re: Path to Apple Card

I'm replying to stay in the loop. I was denied an Apple Card back in May. I have heard of people with lower scores getting approved so I tried it.  Which program are you talking about, I would love to know more.

Thanks 

VantageScore 3.0 in July 2021:

FICO 8 scores as of Sept 14, 2022:

Goal Cards:

Message 2 of 12
JM427
Contributor

@mfinsmi1 I completed the path to apple card earlier this year.  I was offered the card at conclusion of the program, but the SL was $500 and I didnt accept it.  Figured that I would just wait until my situation was better and then try again.

@DLynn1920 The path to apple card program is an invite only program.  In essence they give you some tasks to do like make on-time payments for 6 months, lower your installment or revolving balances by XX, etc.  At the conclusion of the program they offer you the apple card.  I have not personally heard of any hard and fast rule as to what triggers the invite, for me I checked the pre-qual multiple times over several months with no pre-qual, then I tried the shopping cart trick for a couple grand and boom, got an invite.  I dont know if the shopping cart trick is what triggered the invite or not, but that is when I got the invite.

FICO8 Scores as of 2020 JULY 14:

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 3:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 3:
Message 3 of 12
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@JM427 @DLynn1920  - i also did the shopping cart trick and got the path to apple .... but yah if i complete the program and only get a 500 SL i am definitly not accepting either lol - cant even get an iphone with that limit Smiley Sad 

Business Cards:

Message 4 of 12
purebulldogs
Contributor

How does the path work? They declined me with a 750 score. It stated due to inquiries. I had some recent ones for cards and car shopping. 

Message 5 of 12
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@purebulldogs - its quite random . When you apply and get denied they will send an email right after saying you have been selected to be part of the path to apple card . There is no way to know for sure who gets in this program and why , wish i could give you a better answer. What I did was apply ever 2-3 weeks adding an item to my cart and applying and eventually I got the email . 

Business Cards:

Message 6 of 12
DLynn1920
Established Member

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

@JM427 @DLynn1920  - i also did the shopping cart trick and got the path to apple .... but yah if i complete the program and only get a 500 SL i am definitly not accepting either lol - cant even get an iphone with that limit Smiley Sad 

Please tell me more about this "shopping cart trick." Thank you

Goal Cards:

Message 7 of 12
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@DLynn1920  - you go to the apple store app add a random item to the cart check out , on the check out screen it will say apply for apple card, you apply and you might get approved / deneid with chance to join the path to apple card right after 

Business Cards:

Message 8 of 12
DLynn1920
Established Member

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

@DLynn1920  - you go to the apple store app add a random item to the cart check out , on the check out screen it will say apply for apple card, you apply and if denied you might get approved / deneid with chance to join the path to apple card right after 

Uh oh! Following this advice, I got approved for the card JUST NOW with a $1500 CL! I was NOT expecting that to work.  Why did I get another card Smiley Mad

Goal Cards:

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

@DLynn1920  - you go to the apple store app add a random item to the cart check out , on the check out screen it will say apply for apple card, you apply and if denied you might get approved / deneid with chance to join the path to apple card right after 

@mfinsmi1  Sneaky, but brilliant.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.