Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Extras MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal Extras MC

Forgive me if this have been talked about but I quickly looked and didn't find an answer.

As many of here my smart connect has been upgraded to the extras.

1. Are they doing a hard pull? (I really hope not)

2. Will this show up as a new account (again I hope not)

3. If the above is a yes, can I stop it before it happens?

Thanks
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: PayPal Extras MC

@Anonymous wrote:
Forgive me if this have been talked about but I quickly looked and didn't find an answer.

As many of here my smart connect has been upgraded to the extras.

1. Are they doing a hard pull? (I really hope not)

2. Will this show up as a new account (again I hope not)

3. If the above is a yes, can I stop it before it happens?

Thanks

1. No HP if they are upgrading.

2. Should be same account.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 3 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

If it's like most other Synchrony upgrades they close the store card and open a new account. I had until May 6th to decline the offer. My Walmart upgrade was no HP but new account. YMMV
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 17
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Just got an email today too. Same CL but now in MC form.

pp.JPG

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same email. I would really hate to see my score dinged because of this.
Message 6 of 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Just like the usual Sync process with the upgrade.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my card today and called the number on the back of the card before activating. I asked the agent to confirm that the upgrade would not close the credit line and open a new one (affecting the age of the account). The agent spoke with a supervisor and confirmed the card is just an upgrade, that there will be no hard pull, and that it will report as the same account with the original date that the Smart Connect account was first opened. 

The letter that arrived with the card also states that "Activation is required by September 30, 2016. [..] If you do not activate your card by September 30, your PayPal Extras MasterCard will be closed and you can continue to use your PayPal Smart Connect account on your PayPal purchases." So if you decide to opt out, it's still not too late.

In other news: I've been lurking on this forum for ages, and this is my first post. You have all been an invaluable resource! 

Message 8 of 17
One2spooku
Valued Member

Nice first post!

Good to know, I really didn't want a new account. Hopefully they'll actually give me a usable limit now. 

Message 9 of 17
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received my card today and called the number on the back of the card before activating. I asked the agent to confirm that the upgrade would not close the credit line and open a new one (affecting the age of the account). The agent spoke with a supervisor and confirmed the card is just an upgrade, that there will be no hard pull, and that it will report as the same account with the original date that the Smart Connect account was first opened. 

The letter that arrived with the card also states that "Activation is required by September 30, 2016. [..] If you do not activate your card by September 30, your PayPal Extras MasterCard will be closed and you can continue to use your PayPal Smart Connect account on your PayPal purchases." So if you decide to opt out, it's still not too late.

In other news: I've been lurking on this forum for ages, and this is my first post. You have all been an invaluable resource! 

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.