Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen-Fed Balance Transfers Question

tag
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Pen-Fed Balance Transfers Question

I have never done a balance transfer before but Pen Fed offered me zero percent interest for one year. When I go to the page that says balance transfer it asks me for the account number and the amount to transfer. Is the account number the credit card number? 

How does this work? 
(Sorry, I  am easily confused. I thought they would ask for the name of the account such as Synchrony Bank Amazon and then the account number) 

Thanks in advance! 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Pen-Fed Balance Transfers Question

@mmmagique wrote:

I have never done a balance transfer before but Pen Fed offered me zero percent interest for one year. When I go to the page that says balance transfer it asks me for the account number and the amount to transfer. Is the account number the credit card number? 

How does this work? 
(Sorry, I  am easily confused. I thought they would ask for the name of the account such as Synchrony Bank Amazon and then the account number) 

Thanks in advance! 

Yes, they want credit card number.

Penfed will check that number against a database, if the number doesn't match a creditor they have on file they will ask for name and address on statement. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Yep. Just enter your credit card number and PenFed will populate the info needed to send the payment. If for some reason your lender isn’t in there then you’ll have to enter information from your statement.

PenFed is really quick with processing BTs. I will say though that is it prompts you to enter the address of your lender it typically means it’ll be snail mail which obviously takes more time.
Message 3 of 4
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Thanks! That was all very helpful! I appreciate it! (even though I am getting blocked for giving Kudos for some reason. Consider yourselves Kudoed!) 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.