Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed max CL on credit cards?

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

PenFed max CL on credit cards?

Anyone know if PenFed has max CL ceiling on the credit cards? Currently at $50K on the PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa. Their FICO shows me at 826. Was thinking of doing a request for CLI, but didn't know if I hit the max CL with them. Thanks!

Penfed visa.JPG

Penfed fico.JPG

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed max CL on credit cards?

$50k is the max.  $100k total credit allocation is also the max.  You can have a $50K CC, $25k LOC and a $25k Personal loan.  Of course car loans, mortgages, etc are separate.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I edited your image as it contained your full name.  You can insert it again after you delete that part of it.

Message 3 of 11
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I edited your image as it contained your full name.  You can insert it again after you delete that part of it.

Got and thanks, missed that edit! good looking out!

Message 4 of 11
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$50k is the max.  $100k total credit allocation is also the max.  You can have a $50K CC, $25k LOC and a $25k Personal loan.  Of course car loans, mortgages, etc are separate.

Ok, so I have the $50K visa now and a $25K LOC but no PL. Have a few car loans with them and thats it.  Was actually thinking of that PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Amex Card, but going by what you said above, means I would be limited to $25K max, which still isn't bad. Would that be right?

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@merlinflex wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so I have the $50K visa now and a $25K LOC but no PL. Have a few car loans with them and thats it.  Was actually thinking of that PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Amex Card, but going by what you said above, means I would be limited to $25K max, which still isn't bad. Would that be right?

Cant get the Amex... CC's are restricted at 50k across all CC's.. You would have to reallocate some of your Card limit to do so

Message 6 of 11
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Fizzlesticks!!! I am batting an almost big fat zero the last few weeks. I couldn't get Chase to budge on any APR reductions either. I was able to get a few thousands in CLIs on my Citi's Diamond and AA cards and my Total Rewards Visa, but that was it.

To be honest, not really looking to buy anything, just feeling like it's been a year since I have done anything with my cards as far as CLIs or APR reductions, so felt like I should be exploring that now and probably a little bored. lol

Message 7 of 11
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Sounds to me like you have plenty of credit.  I wouldn't be trying to increase it.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would anyone want more than 50K limit on a CC , isn't that a little scary if someone gets a hold of your information ...

Message 9 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would anyone want more than 50K limit on a CC , isn't that a little scary if someone gets a hold of your information ...

Scary? Not really, you're not held responsible for someone stealing your information and making fradulent charges.

Some members actually use those limits. Spending $50k a month is normal for them. If a individual doesn't have discipline. It doesn't matter if your limit is $5k or $50k. CCs might not be a good idea for that person.

Merlin it may be time to look into the high roller CUs, if you're after limits north of $50k. That would be CUs such as Andrews FCU , First Tech FCU and UNFCU.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.