Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed scoring model

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Penfed scoring model

A while back, I was denied for a Penfed CC and checking my messages today, saw that they stated the score range was 150-950.

They only pulled EQ, so I'm thinking they use the Next Gen FICO aka Pinnacle

Would  that be  accurate?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Penfed scoring model

i thought the 150-950 range was for vantage?  (definitely not an expert here)

Message 2 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

A while back, I was denied for a Penfed CC and checking my messages today, saw that they stated the score range was 150-950.

Would  that be an accurate?

No.

That would probably be a non-FICO based score generally called a New Account Score. Each CRA has several of them available and the lender can order one tailored to CC, Insurance, Broadband, etc.

Edited to add: Vantage Score 1 & 2 are both 501-990 range.

Message 3 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

@GregB wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

Would  that be an accurate?

No.

That would probably be a non-FICO based score generally called a New Account Score. Each CRA has several of them available and the lender can order one tailored to CC, Insurance, Broadband, etc.

Edited to add: Vantage Score 1 & 2 are both 501-990 range.

They do mention Equifax that they used; thats why it made me think it was the Next Gen FICO for EQ

Message 4 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

PenFed advised me that their scoring system is Pinnacle 2.0 (fico nextgen score).  This scoring model tends to weigh revolving debt more heavily (1/3 of total). 

Message 5 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

@namvet wrote:

PenFed advised me that their scoring system is Pinnacle 2.0 (fico nextgen score).  This scoring model tends to weigh revolving debt more heavily (1/3 of total). 

Thanks for the confirmation; that's what I thought Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.