Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq Promo is back

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Plastiq Promo is back

I Will use it for mortgage on 2% card. Hey .5% is .5% I didnt have before Smiley Happy.. Targeted for a few of these recently.. Heard a new one just came out and sure enough just got the email.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 8.25.41 PM.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Plastiq Promo is back

You spelled Plastic wrongSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have to try a mortgage payment and see if it's 1.5% without the email offer.  Last time I didn't receive it, but was able to get the 1.5% rate.  It also only worked for 2 payments, so I contacted CS about the 3rd and they quickly made the adjustment to 1.5% on that one too for me.

Message 3 of 6
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I plead ignorant on Plastiq and am now running off to Google.  

Edit, their normal 2.5% fee would keep me from ever using them.  That seems really steep.  The promotional rate I could see using the server though.  Interesting concept regardless. 

Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@LakeLife wrote:

I plead ignorant on Plastiq and am now running off to Google.  

Edit, their normal 2.5% fee would keep me from ever using them.  That seems really steep.  The promotional rate I could see using the server though.  Interesting concept regardless. 

Agre usually only 2.5% is a valid use if you are trying to meet a spend bonus and need a bit of help or multiple spend bonuses..  Although if you have a 2%+ MC then obviously you can come out ahead on these targeted offer although you won't become rich it will make the card issuer happy and you score a bit of profit albeit it small as well.

Just make sure you are targeted.. I would if you haven't and interested just create a plastiq account so you are in their DB to get targeted for various offers

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just make sure you are targeted.. I would if you haven't and interested just create a plastiq account so you are in their DB to get targeted for various offers

Right.  Just go as if you're going to make a payment and check the fee associated with it.  You can always back out of the transaction before submitting it.  Plenty of people that aren't targeted with the email offer find that they will in fact see the 1.5% promo rate when they actually go forward with a payment, so it's important to test it out.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.