Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproval for Walgreen Mastercard

tag
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

Re: Preapproval for Walgreen Mastercard

I rarely shop at Walgreens. A month or two I purchased a few items at Walgreens and the point of sale terminal said I was preapproved and could accept it right then and there? I'm like WTH? I declined. Seemed suspect to me.  

Message 11 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Bmac66 wrote:

I rarely shop at Walgreens. A month or two I purchased a few items at Walgreens and the point of sale terminal said I was preapproved and could accept it right then and there? I'm like WTH? I declined. Seemed suspect to me.  

Why is it suspect?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 14
tallin32
Valued Member

I was preapproved for the Walgreens Mastercard with a $2,500 SL but sort of opted out because "rewards cannot be earned on prescriptions purchased at Walgreens stores in New York, Arkansas and New Jersey", and the ony time I find myself in a Duane Reade (owned by Walgreens) is to pick up prescriptions.

That said, I've never had the card offered to me at checkout.

Current cards:
  • Amex Gold (NPSL)

• Amex Gold (NPSL)

• Amex Platinum (NPSL)

• Amex Green (NPSL)

• Amex Platinum for Schwab (NPSL)

• Amex BCP ($10,000)

• Delta SkyMiles Reserve ($19,000)

• Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant ($10,000)

• Hilton Honors Aspire ($3,700)

• Amex Blue Business Plus ($15,000)

• Bill World Elite MC ($10,000)

• Citi Custom Cash ($4,000)

• Capital One World Elite Mastercard ($4,300)

• Mercury Mastercard ($3,650)

• Discover IT ($3,300)

• Apple Card ($5,750)

• NFCU Flagship Rewards ($11,000)

Message 13 of 14
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I recently got this card. I used the pre-approval process and was pre-approved for $2k. It did not say which version I would get. I ended up getting the store card version, which was meh, but hey, it's utilization padding. However, I will say that the Walgreens rewards have added up pretty quickly using this card. It's great for OTC medicines and beauty purchases. I have been enjoying it. Does it ouweigh the Walgreens markup? Perhaps not. But it's something if you already go to Walgreens frequently.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.