Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probability of a Balance Chase?

tag
DebtJoe
Regular Contributor

Re: Probability of a Balance Chase?

Just wanted to chime in here, but why are you still using the discover card to get by? I'd just stop using the cards altogether for now and use my debit card/checking account for all purchases.

8/1/2018 FICO Scores:

6/29/2021 FICO Scores:
Message 31 of 35
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

I don’t have any free cash flow for me to be able to stop using Discover. My other CCs that I have are not being used UNLESS it’s a severe emergency (like when I hit a parked car and needed to pay $500 deductible).

Message 32 of 35
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so I’ve decided, thanks to all the advice given, to apply the entire extra $2500 to Barclay. And with snowball method, I will just have 1-2 payments left depending on whatever interest that will accrue. Now, I’ve read that it’s not good to keep a card reporting at $0 for Barclay might close it out due to inactivity. Is this true?

Message 33 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pi-r-squared wrote:
Ok, so I’ve decided, thanks to all the advice given, to apply the entire extra $2500 to Barclay. And with snowball method, I will just have 1-2 payments left depending on whatever interest that will accrue. Now, I’ve read that it’s not good to keep a card reporting at $0 for Barclay might close it out due to inactivity. Is this true?

You don't need to report a balance, just swipe it every six months and even that may not be necessary; my last Barclays swipe was literally 15 months ago and it's still open, though I should go buy lunch on it today cause sort of want to keep all my revolvers open till can figure out this EQ FICO 5/TU FICO 4 optimization cause I might actually need those scores in the next 6 years.

Thanks for the reminder!

        
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^^^^^^
Exactly what Revelate said, I’ve had my Barclay report zero for I don’t know how long, but I still use it. I just pay it before reports.

Glad you put the extra money on Barclays where the higher interest is and where it was therefore warranted.
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.