Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change from a Secured Capital One

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Product Change from a Secured Capital One

I have a Capital One Secured and I was just wondering if they offer Product changes? If so what should I go for? the Quicksilver?

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Product Change from a Secured Capital One

AFAIK, Capital One secured products do not unsecure nor can be PC'd.  Someone else may be able to chime/confirm.

Message 2 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

AFAIK, Capital One secured products do not unsecure nor can be PC'd.  Someone else may be able to chime/confirm.

+1 correct on both points

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

My first and second CAP 1 cards were secured, and they pre-approved me for my 3rd-a K-Mart M/C.This was over 10 years ago and before I started screwing up really bad and went into collections with them. You can always apply for an usecured, AFAIK they let you have more than one.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 4 of 12
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

+1...can't do a product change or unsecure with capone one secured cards...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 12
Tuxedo77
Contributor

yeah I don't plan on keeping mine past 6 months (got it in July). What a waste.

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 6 of 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Know of 2 people who had HSBC or Orchard (not sure which) secured card change into unsecured card when Capital One took over.  Not sure if this is change of policy or something to do with handover.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 12
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

I haven't heard of the Cap One Secured MC unsecuring. I've had mine for almost 2 years and plan on cancelling it before the AF hits.

Message 8 of 12
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

The card does not do a product change but as someone on this board told me just use it for what it is. A secured card with a not great but major lender better than the first permier or other really low end lenders with lots of fees. I am glad i applied for the card  first because without it i dont think i would have been able to get the boa secured which is harder to get. Also, the ability to do a secured cli without a hard pull is a plus as well as some have said on here that they have recieved unsecured cli of $100 it may not seem like a lot but anything is better than nothing.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 9 of 12
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

@bigblue7722 awesome! How long did you have capital one secured after getting approved for Bank of America secured?
Samsung mobile
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.