Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QVC Credit Card

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

QVC Credit Card

My mother has a QVC credit card that she has FINALLY agreed to let me cancel for her after several weeks of her receving shipments she never ordered and me having to box them up and take them back to the post office.  She does not want to call herself, so since I have access to the Synchrony account online, I can close it for her.

My question is, there are several items that I just dropped off at the post office to be returned for a refund.  If I close the credit card with Synchrony, will QVC still be able to issue a credit to the card?

The only options to contact Synchrony are to call (I won't have time to do a three way call with my mother on the line for a few days) or write a physical letter...   I will call, of course, when I get the chance to, but I was hoping somebody here had experience with cancelling the Q Card.

I'd hate to cancel the card and then suddenly have the entire balance come due immediately including the items we've returned.

Thanks for any info you can share!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Credit Card

I wouldn’t cancel/close the card out until the account shows a zero balance. Otherwise it will show closed with a balance on your mom’s credit report. I wouldn’t want an account showing closed with a balance on my report.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 4
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Dalmus Yes they will still be able to refund the account and no they will let you know that you will continue to recieve monthly statments until the balance is paid in full. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Dalmus, all terms continue to apply after a card is closed. The big difference is that the ability to make new charges is lost.

It looks like she may be owed money when all is said and done. So make it a point to ask what happens in the event that she's owed a refund.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.