cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question.. Comenity Balance Transfer Offer.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question.. Comenity Balance Transfer Offer.

I have SG visa with 15k limit, and they been sending me 0% offers with NO BT FEE associated with transfer promo.

I took advantage of that on may 2nd for the amount of 9.5k.to NFCU.. balance transfer amount went minus from my credit limit.leaving me 5.5k available.

on 6th may transaction showed up in my sg visa online , and also my all available credit of 5.5k also went $0.

I am thinking i poked a bear. and they closed my account, since reports here suggest when available credit goes to 0 , means account closed. ahhh comenity. this sg visa is 11 months old and i also have william sonoma visa 9 months old. 5.3l limit.sitting @ 0 balance. but that account online shows my available credit of 5.3k available.  on the other hand NFCU has not recieved any payment from comenity.

I know applying for too many comenity cards will result in AA, but did not know doing balance transfer would also result in AA.. i wouldnt have done it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question.. Comenity Balance Transfer Offer.

Did you try calling them? Maybe they’re concerned about fraud? It seems like it’s hard to tell with Comenity. They probably don’t like having a card hit such high utilization but that seems like a bit too much of an overreaction when you just initiated a BT using an offer they sent you?

Message 2 of 6
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I have used their 0% offers on our Ikea cards. So far so good.

I would call them and see what they say.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Most likely the original auth of the BT has not been released and they have hit it again with the actual BT. This happened to me on a BT transfer on an AKC card, took a few days but the avail credit returned.

Message 4 of 6
pete19103
New Contributor

Same thing happened to me about 18 months ago when doing a BT on the Total Rewards Comenity card;  balance showed about $1,000 less than the credit line(the BT amount was already included in the balance) but available credit was $0.   I called and CSR told me it was because the BT was showing both as posted and unposted at the same time(huh?   How does that make any sense?) but that the issue would clear up in a couple days which it did.   

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wanted a Comenity visa for their bt offers. They are just too skittish a lender for my taste so glad i got rid of all my cards with them. Not worth the headache lolSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.