Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Barclay's/ request for CLI

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Question about Barclay's/ request for CLI

@Jayb5635 wrote:
I would only want to do it if it will net me a cli on barclays rewards mastercard. I'd write myself a check, deposit it in my account, and immediately pay it back. I have to check what was written on the letter they sent me with some checks yesterday. I do remember quickly glancing at the letter and it saying something about my credit line

Yeah, that's it.  

If you read it, it stipulates your CL will raise by the amount of the check you write to yourself.  There are no fees, other than the 2%.  You can pay it off, or carry a 0% balance for up to 18 months.

Of course, if you don't need the money, you're in essence paying 2% for a CLI.  Whether that's worth it or not depends entirely on you.

Message 11 of 12
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Barclay's/ request for CLI

I got a similar offer on my NFL card on Friday. It was for A 18 mos BT, and if you write the check for 3k, they will give you a CLI for that amount.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.