Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for Target CLI recipients

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for Target CLI recipients

I've read on these boards from multiple posters that after letting a small balance report Target has increased the credit line. How many days after the statement with the balance did you see the cli? It has been several months since I've received a cli on that card likely because of no usage during that time.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for Target CLI recipients

Usually when i received a cli it would show up on the account when the statement cuts. My statement cuts on the 10th and on the 10th by 8pm it would have the update credit line.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Usually when i received a cli it would show up on the account when the statement cuts. My statement cuts on the 10th and on the 10th by 8pm it would have the update credit line.

I was afraid of that. Darn it, I was hoping the cli happened a few days later. The card is one of my lowest credit lines and I'd cancel it were it not for the 5% off and free shipping (I also have the debit card but don't like exposing my bank account to issues). 

Message 3 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read on these boards from multiple posters that after letting a small balance report Target has increased the credit line. How many days after the statement with the balance did you see the cli? It has been several months since I've received a cli on that card likely because of no usage during that time.

I'd keep trying, if I were you.   Also, make sure you "update" your income information monthly, even if your income hasn't changed.  

I seem to be on a 6-month CLI schedule with my Target card, currently, but YMMV regarding how frequently you get CLIs.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth

I seem to be on a 6-month CLI schedule with my Target card, currently, but YMMV regarding how frequently you get CLIs.  

Same here, 6months like clockwork. 

Message 5 of 8
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Opened my target with $300 four months ago an always I pay in full. Today they auto increase to 800. I used several  times this cards an always report zero balance.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 6 of 8
JimBo99
Regular Contributor

This thread made me look at my account and I got a $300 auto CLI on Monday!  Haha.   Opened the account in Feb with a $500 SL. Monday was my 4th statement.   I shop there fairly regularly, let the balance report and pay the statement balance a week or so prior to the due date.  Use it for the 5% off and float the interest free balance as long as I can and then pay it off.  I also "update" the income info around the same time I pay the card monthy as well.    20% util overall, across my cards, ~40% on this card, due to the low limit.  Scores in the 690s across the 3 CBs.

Ok credit, getting better.....slowly.... Can't seem to stay in the Garden for any extended period of time. I'm trying. Mid to upper 600's across the board.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimbo99 congrats on the increase.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.