Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on USB Cash+/checking SUB

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Question on USB Cash+/checking SUB

I don't have a prior relationship to USB to receive its exclusive SUB offers on checking accounts or CCs. So, to start a relationship, is it feasible to open e.g. a saving account (or other types) and afterward, wait to recieve its checking SUB offers? Does the SUB checking offers work, in the presence of a prior saving account?

Also based on experiences of several users, opening a cold Cash+ results a very low CL. So, I want to see whether it is a good idea to go for a saving account first, and afterward, go for cash+ and wait for the checking offer.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on USB Cash+/checking SUB

Do you live near a U.S. Bank location?

I think the easiest course is to check for U.S. Bank promotions on DoctorofCredit and apply.  In my experience U.S. Bank doesn't do much mailing campaigns; they rely on advertisements in their service area.  So DoctorofCredit gives you the ability to know about promotions that you otherwise wouldn't know about.

I'm a US Bank customer and the only mailed promotions I can recall getting were for their Reserve and Premier Lines of Credit.  But that's probably because I opened checking, savings, and money market accounts in the same in-branch visit so there wasn't much left to offer me.

Message 2 of 4
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

I cold app’d last Few months ago with EQ8 similar to yours though they used EQ Mortgage score variant 714 I think that time and got instantly approved. Got a good SL of $9K. SUB was not listed on my approval/acceptance page as an offer (only the apr promo for BT and purchase). They messed up on their BT apr when they charged me a full rate instead of the promo. Called in, had to speak with a supervisor for an override since front CSR couldn’t help me. They corrected it eventually then couple of weeks later I received my $150 SUB. Turned out well for me in the end! Hope this story helps. Smiley Happy
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 4
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I got approved with cold app with 8k CL but I cannot see mentioning 150$ SUB offer in the documents or in the account page online. 

Shall I call them or do they automatically include it?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.