Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on combing CLs for Synchrony

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Question on combing CLs for Synchrony

Have a couple a tradelines for Synchrony: PayPal, Amazon StoreCard, CareCredit, Natauils and Ashley.

Don't use and have $0 balances on Natauils and Ashley (been close to 3 years of no use on either one since bring to $0) and wondering if I can move the CLs over to one of the other three or if closing them gives me better odds to increase the CLs on the other three. Anyone know? TIA!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on combing CLs for Synchrony

AFAIK you can't. While all synch, each is individual accounts and can't be combined.

Look up Pizzas post on Synch CLI. On mobile, so I'm limited at linking.

I have 2 synch accounts, Gap and Amazon.
Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No cant combine on Synchrony accounts. Amazon and Paypal all you have to do is call up Credit Solutions and get sp luv, most times, and if the others are Synchtony Fnancial, they usually take hp to increase limits.
Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Excellent info here so far...

I'll just add that while you can't move (or "reallocate") credit lines with Synchrony, if you're at maximum exposure you can voluntarily CLD or close an existing card to "free up" that amount for another card. 

It's not automatic, though...since it's considered a CLI for the receiving card there's always the chance that you won't get the desired result (i.e. that you won't get the CLI and you'll simply lose that amount of credit).  For this reason, usually people only do this if their CLI (or new account approval) is denied specifically due to maximum exposure.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.