Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions About Signup Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions About Signup Bonus

I usually just move all my purchases to that card. If I have a big chunk left (I spend on average $320 a month or so between groceries, Comcast, and Amazon), I'll pay the Comcast bill ahead some months. It's normally $110 a month (it's $60 right now but that won't last for too much longer) so it's not hard to hit the SUB and knock out my most expensive bill other than my rent for those months. I don't like the idea of missing SUBs so I just knock them out right away. 

Message 11 of 13
TSlop
Valued Contributor

For me, it depends on the amount of the SUB. The $4k over 3 months is more than I typically spend organically across all my cards, so I waited for when I had to buy something large to open my CSP. The $1-3k SUB ones I usually have to shift most spending to that new card for a while, but I usually keep the 5% rotators going.

On a side note, I was excited to have my daycare start taking credit cards, and at ~$1k a month, it would make it very easy to hit any SUB with my regular spend added in, not to mention the free $20 a month (2% cashback) on paying for daycare. Sadly, they said that was a "mistake" to have been offered to us, so I only got 1 month out of it before they made me go to a direct debit of my checking account.

Message 12 of 13
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

I just paid my college tuition which was $3500, but yeah typically I would push all my spending towards the SUB as it's worth for than 5%. Once, I know I'm completely done, then I shift to my other cards as normal.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.