Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about NFCU Authorized User

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about NFCU Authorized User

Hello myfico community. As the subject says I have some questions about AUs on NFCU CC. I want to add my 16 y/o (17 next month) sister as an AU on my Visa Sig. Go rewards.

First of all, can I? From my quick research on the NFCU page it doesn’t seem like her age is a problem nor does she being my sister (me not being a guardian) appear to be a problem. She does have a savings/campus checking with them.

Second of all, does NFCU report AUs to the CBs? If they don’t then I suppose there’s no real point to this.

Third, can we set a limit on her monthly spending?

Lastly, any alarming things we should be aware about? From what I understand some CC companies report the cards history onto AUs, some report from when they were added, and some don’t report at all. I understand that what happens to the card affects us both going forward and that’s fine. But if there’s anything we should know in addition, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about NFCU Authorized User

She’s a relative, so I see no reason why you couldn’t add her. I think 16 is the age where one can. But maybe someone else can quote that one. I think it depends on the type of scoring model that decides if the AU will count. I’d give it a go.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure about the age requirements but I do know she'll get a card with a different number and you can set her spending limit online.
Message 3 of 9
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Her age is okay, they do report to all 3 bureaus, and yes you can set a spending limit.  Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 9
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

yes they do report AU to all 3 i have an AU on cash rewards

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all! You were all of great help. I’ll definitely be submitting the request to add her as an AU tonight. Thanks again! Love the myfico community <3
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We added all 3 our children onas AU to both of our NFCU cards at 16. Also added them onto our PENFED cards as well.  We both wanted to help jumpstart their credit journey responsibly. Good luck to you.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to a rep a few days when I got approved for cc and and can add au as young as 10. I had her repeat it so I heard it correctly. My son is 10 is why asked.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow, that’s great. Thank you all again!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.