Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quicksilver Upgrade

Came home to a letter from Capital One letting me know that my Quicksilver had been upgraded to a World Elite Mastercard. I must be doing something right!

This is my oldest card and began life in 2017 as a $500 SL Platinum when I began rebuilding. I called Capital One in early 2020 and they upgraded it to a Quicksilver. Several CLIs over the years (the most recent in January of this year) and it's now at $4,900. Might be time to ask for another 😄

MODS - I know this isn't really an approval so feel free move if you'd like 👍

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Quicksilver Upgrade

@Anonymous wrote:

Came home to a letter from Capital One letting me know that my Quicksilver had been upgraded to a World Elite Mastercard. I must be doing something right!

This is my oldest card and began life in 2017 as a $500 SL Platinum when I began rebuilding. I called Capital One in early 2020 and they upgraded it to a Quicksilver. Several CLIs over the years (the most recent in January of this year) and it's now at $4,900. Might be time to ask for another 😄

MODS - I know this isn't really an approval so feel free move if you'd like 👍

Same here.

What the heck is a World Mastercard? Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 2 of 10
fbc200384
Valued Member

@Anonymous hmmmmn . I just posted about a card being able to upgrade again. So you had a platinum>>QS>> world? My platinum upgraded to QS . Hoping eventually it upgrades to something else Smiley Happy

congrats on you upgrade

Current Fico 8 as of 04/2023 :

Fico 10 04/2023 [TU626] [EX621] [EQ 638]
Message 3 of 10
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

This might help with the differences:

Mastercard credit card benefits: 

Message 4 of 10
onstar
Established Contributor

I got the same notification in the mail today. We must be doing something right.

More details from Mastercard here:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/personal/find-a-card/world-elite-mastercard-credit.html

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some additional info: looking back through my last few statements, the Quicksilver was a "Platinum Mastercard" according to my May statement but a WEMC beginning with the June statement. It appears as though the card was actually updated a few months ago and Capital One is just now letting me know. 

Message 6 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some additional info: looking back through my last few statements, the card was a "Platinum Mastercard" according to my May statement but a WEMC beginning with the June statement. It appears as though the card was actually updated a few months ago and Capital One is just now letting me know. 

That's what makes my upgrade so odd. I have had a QS for some time now.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 7 of 10
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Congratuations on your QS upgrade! I hope Cap1 grants an upgrade as well.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCrusader it was a Quicksilver (Platinum Mastercard) that is now a Quicksilver (WEMC). Sorry, I should have worded that better. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My QS May statement said platinum MasterCard. My June and July both said world MasterCard. I guess they upgraded and decided they wanted to hand out an updated card to go with it. 

Mine has entered the sock drawer as of July as it only has a $500 limit and I'm certain it'll never increase. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.