cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUMOR Of A New Citi Premium Credit Card.

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: A New Citi Premium Credit Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think a mod should put "RUMOR:" in the title of this thread. 

You're making the people here excited over a survey.

This card would be great for those who are over 5/24 and it's almost identical to the CSR. I still think Citi should add an additional perk to differentiate the card a little, but I'm sure they have their reasons for doing what they do. 

CSR you can transfer to United, Southwest and Hyatt I believe.  Don't think Citi has any American Based transfer partners. 

JetBlue

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 11 of 30
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

These premium credit cards are all the same for the most part. Atleast Amex and USB try to do something different then travel and dining on the top tier cards.

If citi really wanted to shake things up and be unique. They should get American as a transfer partner. I don’t understand why they have a AA cobranded card but they arent a TYP partner.

There’s not a single CC points system except the AA cobranded cards that lets you transfer directly into American.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think a mod should put "RUMOR:" in the title of this thread. 

You're making the people here excited over a survey.

This card would be great for those who are over 5/24 and it's almost identical to the CSR. I still think Citi should add an additional perk to differentiate the card a little, but I'm sure they have their reasons for doing what they do. 

CSR you can transfer to United, Southwest and Hyatt I believe.  Don't think Citi has any American Based transfer partners. 

JetBlue

They are regional though arent' they. Seems like if you live in Boston they would be a good choice but not if you lived anywhere else.  Well unless you wanted to fly to Boston

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing exciting here.. typical Citi Fashion..
Message 14 of 30
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: RUMOR Of A New Citi Premium Credit Card.

Would be a good alternative for those who are disqualified from getting CSR, due to Chase's 5/24 rule.

They just need to get better (subjective) airline partners.

Message 15 of 30
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: RUMOR Of A New Citi Premium Credit Card.

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Would be a good alternative for those who are disqualified from getting CSR, due to Chase's 5/24 rule.

They just need to get better (subjective) airline partners.

One of the domestic airlines in the big 3 alliances would be helpful. It makes so much sense to add American Airlines, since Amex has delta , where they also have cobranded card with, and chase has united which they also have cobranded card with. The other issue is a lot of their partner overlap with Amex and chase Singapore airlines and Virgin Atlantic for example. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 16 of 30
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

there's one particular fairly popular credit union (not NFCU) that is considering launching something to compete with the PenFed PCR.

There isn't much for them to copy.  The essence of the PenFed PCR is 2% back on all spending, with the ability to redeem right away in $5 increments.  That's it.  I believe Alliant FCU, State Dept FCU, and USAA all have similar cards.  The credit union that needs such a card is NFCU.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 17 of 30
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

If you can’t beat them, join/copy them. Lol... this goes to a lot of companies out there not just financial institutions ... nothing original of their own or /competitiveness.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 18 of 30
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
If you can’t beat them, join/copy them. Lol... this goes to a lot of companies out there not just financial institutions ... nothing original of their own or /competitiveness.

More like...

If you can't beat them, launch a new product that is similar and yet inferior.

Message 19 of 30
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:
There’s not a single CC points system except the AA cobranded cards that lets you transfer directly into American.

I'm okay with Citi/Barclays cobrand churning and BBP giving 2.8 Avios (2x with a 40% promo) on up to $50k spend.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.