Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Cap One???

tag
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Really Cap One???

So I decided to finally pull the trigger on a Cap One CLI.  I decided to go through the normal process (as opposed to contacting EO directly).  I figured with all the luv Cap One seemed to be showing people lately via the luv button, I had a good shot at getting a decent CLI.  And if I received a CLI that I was happy with, I would bypass EO entirely.  So what the heck.  I logged on, hit the button and......

............10 day message.  Sigh.

I've had this card since 1999 (my oldest account), and never asked for (nor received) a CLI.  I'm currently <1% UTL.  Income: $80K.  I still have one baddie left on my CR (5.5 year CO), but otherwise my history has been pretty much flawless the last 3 years.  I do have 2-30 days lates from 2009 on this card...could that be holding me back in 2014?

Anyway, I guess we'll see what they come back with (if anything), but I'm seriously considering closing it.  A $500 CL is pretty much useless to me at this point.  This card definitely helps my AAofA, so that's the dilemma.  Maybe I just stick it in the sock drawer and forget I have it...ugh so frustrating.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Really Cap One???

do you ever use the card? cap 1 wants to see usage before they will give you a CLI

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 21
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

I use it a decent amount.  Maybe $200 per month on average (out of $500 CL).  I PIF every month.  I would probably use it a lot more if it had a higher limit...

Message 3 of 21
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

I use it a decent amount.  Maybe $200 per month on average (out of $500 CL).  I PIF every month.  I would probably use it a lot more if it had a higher limit...

I would give EO a shot, they may be able to PC the current card to QS and a CLI for ya. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 21
Drew
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Dw4250 wrote:

I would give EO a shot, they may be able to PC the current card to QS and a CLI for ya. 

+1

I had a lot more luck when I PC'ed and then asked for a CLI via the EO.  In your case it might make more sense to get a CLI from the EO first; that way, you can try for atleast a minimum of a 5K CL and be issued a QuickSilver Visa Signature version.

Message 5 of 21
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

do you ever use the card? cap 1 wants to see usage before they will give you a CLI

+1

Capital One needs to see several transactions (any amount) in last month or so before giving CLI.

Message 6 of 21
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

I do have 2-30 days lates from 2009 on this card...could that be holding me back in 2014?

Unlikely.

Message 7 of 21
Peter1142
Established Contributor

It sounds like it is just a no-CLI card and you should contact the EO

Message 8 of 21
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Should I wait the "10 days" to see if anything comes through, or just go ahead and contact the EO now?

Message 9 of 21
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

Should I wait the "10 days" to see if anything comes through, or just go ahead and contact the EO now?

You should receive an email saying that "A New Document is waiting for you" sometime soon....it usually do not take the full 10days from my experience.  Once you get it, if denied, then try the EO route. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.