cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received American Express Card Today - Question About Name?

tag
Hooosier
Contributor

Received American Express Card Today - Question About Name?

I received my AmEx BCE in the mail today, but where my name is listed on the card it only has my first name.  I'm assuming this is an error on their part?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: Received American Express Card Today - Question About Name?

The card was embossed with the information from the "name as it should appear on the card" box from the application.

If you try requesting the replacement through the automated online tool, you might still get a card with the wrong information.

You should request a replacement card, with the correct information, by calling customer service and explaining the situation. 

Message 2 of 14
bribro
Valued Contributor

Yes. Call them.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 3 of 14
Hooosier
Contributor

I called them to request a new card and explained the situation.  I talked to two different people and they both told me that on their end my account was set up with only a first name - no last name at all.  However, on my online account it lists everything with first and last name - strange deal.  They are going to change the name on the account to my actual first and last name and then overnight me my new card.

Message 4 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Good luck! I would estimate it takes at least one more phone call after that to get it done xD haha

Too bad your first name isn't "McLovin" or somethin...

Either way, only first name on a credit card? I feel like that would be awesome. haha 

Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

This happened to someone else about a week ago strange indeed

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 14
Hooosier
Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Too bad your first name isn't "McLovin" or somethin...

Either way, only first name on a credit card? I feel like that would be awesome. haha 

Now that would be awesome!  Too bad I have just a boring, plain American name!

Message 7 of 14
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

This happened to mine as well. Called to add the correct letter to my last name on the card and they messed it up on the card and online. I had asked them to use the name on my app which was correct.
AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 8 of 14
john398
Senior Contributor

I wonder if Celberties can have just one name on their card, such as Cher

Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

The card was embossed with the information from the "name as it should appear on the card" box from the application.

If you try requesting the replacement through the automated online tool, you might still get a card with the wrong information.

You should request a replacement card, with the correct information, by calling customer service and explaining the situation. 

Smiley Very Happy

I'm STILL waiting for my DW's PRG card. 

I would call, but make sure you let them know exactly whats going on, i'm on attempt #3 for my DW's card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.