Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsideration Request to Juniper/Barclay's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reconsideration Request to Juniper/Barclay's

Does anyone know how long Juniper Bank takes to respond to a letter of reconsideration?  On August 2, 2007, I applied for the US Airways World Mastercard and was instantly approved for the Platinum card with cl of $1500.

I then applied on August 8, 2007 for the Carnival Sea Miles card and after waiting for six days for a decision, received the following message (online letter):

Thank you for your recent application for a credit card issued by Juniper Bank, member of the Barclays Group.

We regret that we're unable to approve you for a credit card account due to the following reason(s):
  • Sufficient credit available on Juniper account

Unwilling to take no for an answer, I called them and was told to fax a letter of reconsideration, which I did yesterday. I really don't want to try for any other cards until I get an answer, but I would like one more card with minimum cl of $1500 that does not charge me monthly fees.

And yes, I know that I am going against forum advice by closing out some of my ccs, but I am tired of paying monthly fees as well as high annual fees on subprime cards with $250 - $400 limits. I have already did a balance transfer from two of them and closed them out, but that has not been reported yet on my cr, so my fico score should still be holding temporarily.

The problem is that I have a bk from '98, a satisfied federal tax lien, and two derogatories through a collection agency (bought debt from oc) who refused to accept any type of payment arrangements. They keep reporting each month, however cr does not list as delinquent, but derogatory. I don't understand this. Anyway, both ca's are scheduled to drop off in Dec 07 and Feb 08, respectively.

Any words of wisdom for a rookie as to a good card to apply for with a bk, just in case Juniper turns down my reconn?

On August 9, my "real" fico scores were TU - 650 / EX - 607 / EQ -637.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone may offer!

Message Edited by sleigh17 on 08-15-2007 08:44 AM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reconsideration Request to Juniper/Barclay's

I got the same response when I applied for a second account with them. I let it go because I do know of some people getting the second card but then having the CL dropped on the first card and moved to the second. With the EX score you have you should apply with CCCU.
Message 2 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I talked to them and they are not keen on giving people second cards, and have a limit of two.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
I talked to them and they are not keen on giving people second cards, and have a limit of two.

I found out this afternoon the same thing myself. I got one of those "We've received your application, go to Barclays.com to see the status" e-mails. When I logged in, it had the same original decline letter with no reference to the reconsideration letter at all.

I then called and talked to two different reps, one who told me that I was declined, but that there was no reference to the reconn letter in the system at all. She transferred me to another person in the application department who told me that Barclay's does not give out two cards to anyone except a select few. I guess I am not one of them. At least now we know. But it would have been nice of them to at least acknowledge the reconn letter instead of just ignoring it altogether. Oh well, onwards and upwards.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not really kee n on this cad, I have one but it just doesnt excite me.  Have you tried WaMu?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied back in March and got $1000 CL. They did not even pull any of my CRs. How'd that happen? DW been turned down 3 times by WAMU and we have had our checking/savings there since '98. I don't understand how they make their decisions.

Message Edited by sleigh17 on 08-15-2007 09:35 PM
Message 6 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Brammy wrote:
Im not really kee n on this cad, I have one but it just doesnt excite me. 

Juniper usually pull TU, and TU loves me and DW.  Hence I applied for a Caseys (gas) Juniper card and I got one with with a $7,500 CL.  When it is a year old I will ask for an increase if they have not given me one.

It has done wonders for my utilization.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a good limit on this card its just that it does nothing for me for using it.  I'm into benniesSmiley Very Happy  Every other card that I have benefits far outweigh what the Juniper offers. Using my cash back card I get more value than their poins and it has the highest interest rate of all my cards with the exception of store cards.  Not that I'd pay any interest mind you.
Message 8 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I like the free gas cards I get every month.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
I like the free gas cards I get every month.  Smiley Very Happy

A gas card I DON'T need.  I drive a KIA, theres a little squirrel under the hood on an exercise wheelSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-16-2007 09:34 AM
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.